Most under rated Corps In 2009

Most under rated Corps In 2009  

172 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, who was the most under rated corps this seaon?

• Blue Knights
    • Glassmen
    • Colts
    • Spirit
    • The Academy
    • Crossmen
    • Madison Scouts
    • Phantom Regiment

I could understand an argument for Phantom in 8th - they were cleaner than Blue Stars in semifinals - but no higher. Boston was a superior corps than Phantom this year.

Yikes. By the time the weekend was over I didn't want to listen to that Boston hornline anymore...this coming from someone who values volume over tone quality. Maybe it was the Jupiters that made Phantom sound so #### good.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the colts should have been in 12th, but they got 13th right? thats not much underrated.

Phantom getting 9th instead of....maybe 4th or 5th is a big underrating.

They still were able to perform one last show. The Colts didn't have that luxury. The members weren't frustrated by their placement so much as their inability to perform one last time. Semi Finals wasn't nearly conclusive because they were all pulling for one more run on Saturday. That's why I thought Colts were among the most underrated.

I think the colts should have been in 12th, but they got 13th right? thats not much underrated.

Phantom getting 9th instead of....maybe 4th or 5th is a big underrating.

Are you kidding me? Phantom wasn't anywhere near deserving of 4th or 5th.

This poll is missing the corps that I think was definitely the most under rated in the G.E. caption:

The Boston Crusaders

Fantastic show with lots of coolness, great crowd-grabbing design and a big energy backing it up.

Have you ever marched drum corps? I marched for a year in a top-17 corps that didn't make finals before moving up into a top 12 corps...I can tell you from personal experience, getting 13th is the biggest heartache you can get all summer long. We would have given anything to be able to march just one more show at Finals. Sure one placement doesn't sound like they were underrated too much, but it determines who gets to go to Finals.

I would have voted Mandarins. Best show musically and visual wise (minus the inflatable beds) they've had to date.

But since they weren't an option, I voted Academy.

Have you ever marched drum corps? I marched for a year in a top-17 corps that didn't make finals before moving up into a top 12 corps...I can tell you from personal experience, getting 13th is the biggest heartache you can get all summer long. We would have given anything to be able to march just one more show at Finals. Sure one placement doesn't sound like they were underrated too much, but it determines who gets to go to Finals.

Ive marched for 2 years in a corps fighting to make finals. 08 was much closer, and 09 was close untill the last 2 weeks or so.

I would have voted Mandarins. Best show musically and visual wise (minus the inflatable beds) they've had to date.

(snip)

Definitely agree there too. They were way better than the scores they received, in my opinion.

Yikes. By the time the weekend was over I didn't want to listen to that Boston hornline anymore...this coming from someone who values volume over tone quality. Maybe it was the Jupiters that made Phantom sound so #### good.

and Phantom was sixth in brass, two spots ahead of Boston. There's a lot more to drum corps than just a solid hornline, though.