Visual Warmup Before a Show

Visual Warmup Before a Show  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinion on Pre-Show Visual Warmup ?

• Overkill. Only Makes me Sweat
    • Ok; but Should be Shorter in Length
    • Crucial; Helps me Focus

So.....I marched five seasons in an all-age corps and a visual warmup for the hornline was rare. In the corps I marched we only did a pre-show visual warmup twice....maybe three times in five seasons I was there. As a brass player......I feel the musical warmup was much more beneficial and certiantly gave everyone ample opportunity to focus on our performance that night

What do you think ??

a lot of all age corps (not all, but a lot) aren't as specific about marching technique as many corps, but I always found it EXTREMELY helpful to get the technique under my feet right before a show.

My favorite visual warmups where the short ones that just got everyone focused in, maybe one set of 8 and done.

I don't know about all age corps...but I know in the world class corps I marched we always did visual warmup...it let us stretch our arms and legs and make sure that we're using uniform technique.

I don't know of a single world class corps that doesn't do visual warmup.

i think it is a big "IT DEPENDS." obviously there needs to be some kind of physical / movement warm up... to what extent depends on the corps, the show, how long the bus ride was, how the kids react. there are many factors and i think that having a "we must do x,y, and z or the corps is going to have a bad show" approach is wrong. from my experience, doing a warm up that focus' more on timing and body movement works better then drilling basics.