1. Hurricanes 91.263

2. Caballeros 90.163

3. Bushwackers 85.150

4. Carolina Gold 75.888

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the Facebook pages of my friends who are in Gold.

"Zachary Parker 75.885 Baby!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the scores... are we in first?"

I guess that would be Gold's score.

Ok got it from Cabs.org

August 15, 2009

The Jersey Shore Invitational

Toms River East High School

Toms River, NJ

1 Hurricanes 91.263

2 Caballeros 90.163

3 Bushwackers 85.150

4 Carolina Gold 75.888

the cirero show was great! the bucs are magnificent. they took all caps tonight. in my opinion and i say this being a homer empire wasn't that close . it just was no contest. the bucs are that good. i like empire but the bucs we just way to good. all the corps did do a great job and i really enjoyed them. and i thought cru did very well. better then i thought they would be. great show!!!

Racine

1. MN Brass Inc 90.088

2. Kilties 76.463

3. Govenaires 74.60

Good show tonight. Perfect drum corps weather, stands were full.

I'm surprised at the Kilties score; They're 4 points lower than at the same show last year, and yet, the hornline is playing like more of an ensemble than they were at any point last year. Their 40 horns sound like 50, and I don't recall hearing even one individual stand out throughout their entire show. The hornline is also marching better than last year. The guard and drumline are another story altogether; The drumline is tiny (3 snares, 2 multi-tenors, 2 cymbals) and the guard seemed a bit scrappy - at featured points - for this late in the season. I wonder how the Kilties' score improved by only 6 points in over 6 weeks (Madison show 6/28)? How they finished only 1.863 ahead of Govenaires is beyond me. DCA is in 3 weeks and they'll need to cover 10 points to have a shot.

Brass's hornline was fantastic; They will knock your socks off; not only in their volume but in their musicality. The show and music design are rich in contrast and sophisticated arrangements. They too played as a consistent and mature ensemble - certainly better than at this point last year. Their guard and drumline seemed as potent as always. Brass scored 5 points higher tonight than at this same show/date last year.

Good luck to the DCA-C corps out east.

Edited by Brassop

Actually 3 cymbals (not 2), then 4 bass (not mentioned) and 10 (not mentioned) in the pit to round things out.

Good show tonight. Perfect drum corps weather, stands were full.

I'm surprised at the Kilties score; They're 4 points lower than at the same show last year, and yet, the hornline is playing like more of an ensemble than they were at any point last year. Their 40 horns sound like 50, and I don't recall hearing even one individual stand out throughout their entire show. The hornline is also marching better than last year. The guard and drumline are another story altogether; The drumline is tiny (3 snares, 2 multi-tenors, 2 cymbals) and the guard seemed a bit scrappy - at featured points - for this late in the season. I wonder how the Kilties' score improved by only 6 points in over 6 weeks (Madison show 6/28)? How they finished only 1.863 ahead of Govenaires is beyond me. DCA is in 3 weeks and they'll need to cover 10 points to have a shot.

Brass's hornline was fantastic; They will knock your socks off; not only in their volume but in their musicality. The show and music design are rich in contrast and sophisticated arrangements. They too played as a consistent and mature ensemble - certainly better than at this point last year. Their guard and drumline seemed as potent as always. Brass scored 5 points higher tonight than at this same show/date last year.

Good luck to the DCA-C corps out east.

I was at the Toms River show Saturday night and enjoyed great performances by all the corps there. The only downside to the entire evening was the behavior of the Bushwackers at their own show.

While all the other units on retreat saluted the winner of the night, the Hurricanes, by passing in review on their way off the field, the Bushwackers elected to turn their backs on the Hurcs and exit the field in the opposite direction.

Once again the Bushwackers exhibit their lack of class in the drum corps activity. Jay if you're reading this... isn't it time to clean up your organization's act? How about an apology to the Hurricanes for your lack of respect?

Once again the Bushwackers exhibit their lack of class in the drum corps activity. Jay if you're reading this... isn't it time to clean up your organization's act? How about an apology to the Hurricanes for your lack of respect?

It's easy to throw stones when hiding behind the wall of anonymity. Perhaps there was a perfectly reasonable explanation for their exit?

It's easy to throw stones when hiding behind the wall of anonymity. Perhaps there was a perfectly reasonable explanation for their exit?

I am simply stating an actual event that happened and witnessed by everyone in attendance. If there was an explanation they reply appropriately.

I am simply stating an actual event that happened and witnessed by everyone in attendance. If there was an explanation they reply appropriately.

No, you opined, "Once again the Bushwackers exhibit their lack of class in the drum corps activity." That's a lot more than stating facts. That's a pretty cheap shot.

I was at the Toms River show Saturday night and enjoyed great performances by all the corps there. The only downside to the entire evening was the behavior of the Bushwackers at their own show.

While all the other units on retreat saluted the winner of the night, the Hurricanes, by passing in review on their way off the field, the Bushwackers elected to turn their backs on the Hurcs and exit the field in the opposite direction.

I wouldn't get too upset about it. When I marched juniors we deliberatly did the same thing to the winning corps that was passing during retreat. Want the kicker? It was instigated by someone who's quite involved with DCA today, but I'm not going to tell you who it is. :cool: