DCA TONIGHT !

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dramadramadramadramadrama... :thumbup:

Sounds like I missed a good show but did manage to catch the DCp sideshow.

In other news...Congrats Hurcs ~ Keep it going!! :thumbup:

To be honest, I didn't even notice until now when I read it on DCP. I mean, I understand the whole honoring the winner thing, but I think retreat should be about the fans anyway. I don't think anyone was interested in staying in uniform last night as it was unbearably hot. If it was up to me, I would have made the same call. Nothing disrespectful was taken from this situation. Thanks for a good show. :thumbup:

As a marching member of the Hurcs (and this being my opinion), how could we be mad at the corps who provided all of the competing unts the BEST showers of the season thus far? Temperature control AND water pressure combined are a good thing!

Oh.....the chesseburger aromatherapy was nice, too. Made me wish there were at least 2 alumni corps there so I could get one or three instead of lining up for retreat as soon as we exited the competition field.

Good practice site, nice showers, nice crowd, and cheeseburger aromatherapy. Thanks, guys ;)

Amen to that! haha.

And as a member of the hurcs as well, i see the whole situation as a misunderstanding.

Again, great show!

The Bushwackers, and the Inbhear Mor Marching Band, were instructed to leave the field to their left at the instruction of staff who was in charge of the corps gate. That was me.

There was absolutely no attempt at disrespecting the Hurricanes. This was the fastest and easiest way of exiting the field in the event the Hurricanes wanted to perform a victory concert, which was their choice. The Hurcs colorguard left their equipment in the far right endzone, which I assumed they would use in the event they won the show. That is why I was preparing a possible victory concert. They decided not to, which is also their choice.

The Cabs and Gold decided to exit to their right, which was an extremely long way around, but also their choice. So, there is no wrong answer here. It was the end to a long day for all the corps and we wanted them to get some down time.

So if you want to blame someone, you can blame me. However, the remarks about the Bushwackers are absolutely absurd. The Bushwacers ARE a class act in DCA and we DO NOT need to clean up our act as an organization. The Hurricanes are having a tremendous season. This was a wonderful show. There is no need to look for any hidden agendas.

If the Huricanes were upset, I truly apologize. I will personally seek out Jim Dugan at the Bridgeport show and appologize in person. It was not meant as any disrepect to their organization. Thank you to John Adcock, Tom Peashey and North Haven Cont for understanding we never meant any harm and for your support here. Drum corps is good, life is short, enjoy.

Lol Yeh that is the way to respond

As a marching member of the Hurcs (and this being my opinion), how could we be mad at the corps who provided all of the competing unts the BEST showers of the season thus far? Temperature control AND water pressure combined are a good thing!

Oh.....the chesseburger aromatherapy was nice, too. Made me wish there were at least 2 alumni corps there so I could get one or three instead of lining up for retreat as soon as we exited the competition field.

Good practice site, nice showers, nice crowd, and cheeseburger aromatherapy. Thanks, guys ;)

So True. Locker room had space not hot. Awesome showers especially on the hot day we had able to take a nice long shower. :thumbup:

P.S. Before and after Awards Glance over at the DM's I think you will see we all Respect & Like each other. (bet some of you didn't know David Bruni & I are brothers. Inside Joke From last year, Sorry can't tell you its A DM thing. :thumbup: )

Thanks Bush For a Great show(ers) Close to my home. I was able to get home and go Swimming. (Sorry Hercs DM's had to mention that again!! :thumbup: I did look for your buses to Pull up though, guess it would have helped if I gave you the address :ph34r: Next time)

See you all soon.

Good show tonight. Perfect drum corps weather, stands were full.

I'm surprised at the Kilties score; They're 4 points lower than at the same show last year, and yet, the hornline is playing like more of an ensemble than they were at any point last year. Their 40 horns sound like 50, and I don't recall hearing even one individual stand out throughout their entire show. The hornline is also marching better than last year. The guard and drumline are another story altogether; The drumline is tiny (3 snares, 2 multi-tenors, 2 cymbals) and the guard seemed a bit scrappy - at featured points - for this late in the season. I wonder how the Kilties' score improved by only 6 points in over 6 weeks (Madison show 6/28)? How they finished only 1.863 ahead of Govenaires is beyond me. DCA is in 3 weeks and they'll need to cover 10 points to have a shot.

Brass's hornline was fantastic; They will knock your socks off; not only in their volume but in their musicality. The show and music design are rich in contrast and sophisticated arrangements. They too played as a consistent and mature ensemble - certainly better than at this point last year. Their guard and drumline seemed as potent as always. Brass scored 5 points higher tonight than at this same show/date last year.

Good luck to the DCA-C corps out east.

you can not compare scores year to year. way too many variables to make it even close.