I was not going to write a review of Racine....but was shocked that no one had. I will preface my very brief remarks by saying it was a great show; large, enthusiastic crowd.....and the South Shore Drill Team really was one of the highlights.....these kids can really perform.

Govies: What a great group of people.....they took the stage the way good all-age corps can...the d.m. had the crowd in his hands. Govies took the field, and wow...for 14 or 15 horns, they did a great job...could be there best horn line since 2006, although one of their brass instructors told me he thought it was a down night for Govies. Score: approx. 74.

Kilts: admitting my bias in advance, the Kilts took a giant leap since Madison. Key changes; upgrades in tempo; better use of guard....the Kilts were gorgeous in all areas until the last minute of the show where most of the changes occurred. Kilt members admittded to running out of gas...it was a long day for them....5 hour rehearsal; pre-show concert; getting the field ready, et.al. Rochester fans are going to love this show. The guard really got slammed...and I am not sure why.....losing to Govs guard substantially. This Kiltie guard is pretty darn good. The small percussion section does hurt the Kilts a bit...but they are strong and talented; the Brass line is sharp and the charts are fun...and difficult. I really believe the spread should have been greater with Govs and less with MBI...and my friends in both corps agreed and were shocked that Kilts did not break 80....approx score: 76

MBI: I loved them in Scranton...they were electric, energetic and bold....but something happened in Racine. I know MBI also made significant changes since Scranton....and those changes will bode well later on....but they were flat and had some major visual problems with the changes...and again, my MBI friends agreed....so, I am not sure how there score went up six points...but I am confident MBI will challenge for a top two spot in Rochester.

I know...not much of a review...but I did not take notes....i simply enjoyed the entire show...South Shore, Prairie Brass and the three DCA corps.

I was not going to write a review of Racine....but was shocked that no one had. I will preface my very brief remarks by saying it was a great show; large, enthusiastic crowd.....and the South Shore Drill Team really was one of the highlights.....these kids can really perform.

Govies: What a great group of people.....they took the stage the way good all-age corps can...the d.m. had the crowd in his hands. Govies took the field, and wow...for 14 or 15 horns, they did a great job...could be there best horn line since 2006, although one of their brass instructors told me he thought it was a down night for Govies. Score: approx. 74.

Kilts: admitting my bias in advance, the Kilts took a giant leap since Madison. Key changes; upgrades in tempo; better use of guard....the Kilts were gorgeous in all areas until the last minute of the show where most of the changes occurred. Kilt members admittded to running out of gas...it was a long day for them....5 hour rehearsal; pre-show concert; getting the field ready, et.al. Rochester fans are going to love this show. The guard really got slammed...and I am not sure why.....losing to Govs guard substantially. This Kiltie guard is pretty darn good. The small percussion section does hurt the Kilts a bit...but they are strong and talented; the Brass line is sharp and the charts are fun...and difficult. I really believe the spread should have been greater with Govs and less with MBI...and my friends in both corps agreed and were shocked that Kilts did not break 80....approx score: 76

MBI: I loved them in Scranton...they were electric, energetic and bold....but something happened in Racine. I know MBI also made significant changes since Scranton....and those changes will bode well later on....but they were flat and had some major visual problems with the changes...and again, my MBI friends agreed....so, I am not sure how there score went up six points...but I am confident MBI will challenge for a top two spot in Rochester.

I know...not much of a review...but I did not take notes....i simply enjoyed the entire show...South Shore, Prairie Brass and the three DCA corps.

Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the review Bob. The show was a huge success with over 1500 attending and standing room only, what more can be said.

We planned outside the confines of what many would consider the normal box, and put together a family driven event; and it was highly successful....a lot of work behind the scenes was done, but well worth it.

The Kilts had not been together since Sunday August 1st; so when we came into the weekend we had a lot of dust to shake off and cobwebs to clear, then working new changes, refreshing past changes, additional music and visual enhancements, etc. etc.........so it was a HUGE plateful of stuff to absord, but I personally thought the corps performed well under all the circumstances.

Scott (Stewart) is a pretty straight forward tell it like it is guy, and he mentioned to the membership after the performance we had a pretty good run going but petered in Movement 5 (the ending number). That movement (5) is where we've done a lot upgrading with the design and effect, along with Movement 3 which the guard was just interwoven into.

So the Kilts are back in force and running to the end zone with what will be productive rehearsal blocks in Minnesota plus the two shows this coming weekend, then followed by a full weekend camp and Racine Raider (semi pro football team) 1/2 time performance, then off to Rochester for more rehearsal blocks and show time.

Sunday (August 16th) afternoon was another fantastic event. The Kilts brought together Brass, Govies, and ourselves for clinics and full field show performances to the Wausau (WI) area. It was very, very well received!!

Gangbuster weekend all the way around!!

Govies, have always enjoyed this Corps. They aren't afraid of taking songs like "Hot for teacher"and putting it out on the field.

That being said, I don't know if it was the chart or whatever, it seemed to me that hornline struggled a bit with Hot for teacher,and it seemed kind of muddled.

Guard as always with the Govies doing big time work.

Drums, sorry but I'm not a drum guy so I really can't comment.

Overall a very enjoyable show. A show that could once again get them into the Big Dance.

Kilties

As with Bob I am biased, being part of the Corps for many years.

It was my first viewing of the Kilties this year.

I was a bit afraid of all the hype about the corps, I had been hearing.

Are they that good? Am I gonna be dissapointed,Wowed,or what?

From the moment they stepped on to the field with the strains of Syne I knew It was WOW time for me.

One fact that has been haunting the Kilties for years is that they can't march well while playing.

Well folks I am here to tell you,It's true no longer.

This corps marches as well as they big guys.

The hornline sounded everybit as good as Brass tonight.

18 in the guard and as Bob stated I am a bit confused as to why they got dumped on.

Oh well I'm a horn guy.

Drums smaller and a lot younger line this year but they play a good book.And they move around a bunch,fast and more faster..

This years show is timing changes and a lot of them thoughout.

The corps has 2 more show's and another week of practice to tighten things up.

Sidenote:

Mr. Ream: this year, watch and listen for all the timing changes.

Get that hot dog out of your mouth and put down the beer and really watch them.HEH...

Brass Exellant show, more movement than I have seen them do in awhile.That is with the exception of Mr. Grupp.Man if I had his drill I'd never retire. But I'm sure he's tired of hearing that one.

He's One of the all time Great horn players in the history of Drum Corps

1st time read-it looks great,looks big and it is definately preformed to generate a monster at Finals.

They can only get better.

Go get em Brass!!!

I almost forgot to add that The Kilties proved that with great promotion a show with only three Corps can be sold out.

They brought in other enjoyable acts and made it work.

They made a True Family Night.

ALL FOR ONLY $10.00, with the little ones getting in for free

Edited by JCSeymour

Govies, have always enjoyed this Corps. They aren't afraid of taking songs like "Hot for teacher"and putting it out on the field.

That being said, I don't know if it was the chart or whatever, it seemed to me that hornline struggled a bit with Hot for teacher,and it seemed kind of muddled.

Guard as always with the Govies doing big time work.

Drums, sorry but I'm not a drum guy so I really can't comment.

Overall a very enjoyable show. A show that could once again get them into the Big Dance.

Kilties

As with Bob I am biased, being part of the Corps for many years.

It was my first viewing of the Kilties this year.

I was a bit afraid of all the hype about the corps, I had been hearing.

Are they that good? Am I gonna be dissapointed,Wowed,or what?

From the moment they stepped on to the field with the strains of Syne I knew It was WOW time for me.

One fact that has been haunting the Kilties for years is that they can't march well while playing.

Well folks I am here to tell you,It's true no longer.

This corps marches as well as they big guys.

The hornline sounded everybit as good as Brass tonight.

18 in the guard and as Bob stated I am a bit confused as to why they got dumped on.

Oh well I'm a horn guy.

Drums smaller and a lot younger line this year but they play a good book.And they move around a bunch,fast and more faster..

This years show is timing changes and a lot of them thoughout.

The corps has 2 more show's and another week of practice to tighten things up.

Sidenote:

Mr. Ream: this year, watch and listen for all the timing changes.

Get that hot dog out of your mouth and put down the beer and really watch them.HEH...

Brass Exellant show, more movement than I have seen them do in awhile.That is with the exception of Mr. Grupp.Man if I had his drill I'd never retire. But I'm sure he's tired of hearing that one.

He's One of the all time Great horn players in the history of Drum Corps

1st time read-it looks great,looks big and it is definately preformed to generate a monster at Finals.

They can only get better.

Go get em Brass!!!

I almost forgot to add that The Kilties proved that with great promotion a show with only three Corps can be sold out.

They brought in other enjoyable acts and made it work.

They made a True Family Night.

ALL FOR ONLY $10.00, with the little ones getting in for free

I was at the show. The Kilties played good but to compare them with MBI......maybe. The guard was somewhat weak. Some of the members have difficulty with equipment and I believe one member fell. Just my opinion. Govies were a gas to watch. MBI- WOW!!!!!!!!!

I was at the show. The Kilties played good but to compare them with MBI......maybe. The guard was somewhat weak. Some of the members have difficulty with equipment and I believe one member fell. Just my opinion. Govies were a gas to watch. MBI- WOW!!!!!!!!!

They all have,as I stated 2 shows and and a week of practice to tighten up.

guard just put in a bunch of new work the previous day. All in all I thought they did good.

Edited by JCSeymour

1,500 SRO...can't do that without great effort.

Way to go!

JC..um..thanks for singling me out. saw some vids. ask Landbo my thoughts.

who the hell here follows me? I don't even do it once i wake up :tongue: