Your Favorite 2009 Drum Majors ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honest question: do you guys spend time during the shows watching the drum majors? Or you go to a lot of shows so you have time to look at smaller details like that? Or you are basing your opinions on what you happen to see as you are watching the show? Obviously some people on the thread are commenting on experiences that they personally had with one drum major, but I am mostly curious about you guys commenting from the audience?

not trying to bash, just trying to understand where the opinions are coming from. I only get to 1-2 shows a summer, and I never watch the drum majors, aside from a salute.

Phantoms DM

JP @ Blue Stars

The dm that ended the show for BK. Loved how into it he got, he jumped 3 or 4 times at the end of the show. I started just watching him at the end of their shows, lol.

I definitely think Eric Humbert Story from the Bluecoats - he's an incredible leader on and off the field, and not to mention cute as all get out!

Eric Humbert Story, Bluecoats - He's my boy, we go to school together. Natural born leader that slipped into the role of DM quite well, I think.

JP, Blue Stars - This guy is so good my mom called me while I was hanging out with him just to tell him that she loved watching him conduct. That says something.

Blake and Mark, Carolina Crown - Two of the best, with the biggest shoes to fill of anyone in DCI, I would wager. They did a great job and I love them both to death.

I think it's far more important for a DM to be "leader" than a musical time keeper. I've watched Brian Howard with the Blue Devils for a few years now and he has their total respect as a leader, both musically and organizationally. As an example of his class, poise and selflessness, during the photo's of the group after finals, rather than stand in front, he went to the rear of the group and held up the trophy with others. Pure class all the way. A leader doesn't demand respect, he/she earns it, the old fashion way!

Blake and Mark(Crown) & Koji(Phantom) <3 :lol:

Edited by OHS_Bucs53