Jim Ott Award

Is there a list of Jim Ott Memorial Trophy award winners somewhere?

I believe that this year (09) marks the first time that the Blue Devils have won the Championship without also winning the Jim Ott. I was hoping to find a list to check this fact.

There seems to be discrepancies whenever this is brought up on DCP..... because of things like "if they averaged all championship scores" for the award, or just finals, or whatever........ but from the best I can gather, this is list should be accurate.

High Brass Awards:

1972 - Kingsmen

1973 - Madison Scouts

1974 - Madison Scouts

1975 - Madison Scouts

1976 - Blue Devils

1977 - Blue Devils

1978 - Phantom

1979 - Blue Devils

1980 - Blue Devils

1981 - Blue Devils

1982 - Blue Devils

1983 - Cadets

1984 - Cadets/Blue Devils/SCV

1985 - Cadets/Blue Devils

1986 - Blue Devils

1987 - Cadets/SCV

1988 - Blue Devils

1989 - Phantom

1990 - Star

1991 - Blue Devils/Star

1992 - Star of Indiana

1993 - Blue Devils/Star

1994 - Blue Devils

1995 - Blue Devils/Cadets/Scouts

1996 - Phantom

1997 - Blue Devils

1998 - Blue Devils

1999 - Blue Devils

2000 - Cadets

2001 - Blue Devils

2002 - Cavaliers

2003 - Blue Devils

2004 - Blue Devils

2005 - Cadets

2006 - Cavaliers

2007 - Blue Devils

2008 - Blue Devils

2009 - Carolina Crown

So the totals for the most winners are:

Blue Devils - 22 :peek:

Cadets - 7

Madison Scouts - 4

Star of Indiana - 4

Pretty amazing dominance for the Blue Devils in this category. They have never gone 3 consecutive years without winning it since they began winning it.

And if my list is correct, then you are not correct about your observation.... BD also did not win in their 1996 championship year (Regiment did).... unless that doesn't count because it was a tie. :throwupen:

Edited by Tez

1984 - Cadets/Blue Devils/SCV

1995 - Blue Devils/Cadets/Scouts

3 way ties? interesting

So the totals for the most winners are:

Blue Devils - 22 :throwupen:

Cadets - 7

Pretty amazing dominance for the Blue Devils in this category. They have never gone 3 consecutive years without winning it since they began winning it.

wow :peek:

yea, 96 was the first year bd won without a brass title

3 way ties? interesting

wow :peek:

And stressful...back in 84 they announced a couple of scores, then a caption....then another couple of scores and another caption.

Gave you NO idea of who was ahead in the actual score, and by the time Brandt announced the menage-a-brass it was getting really nervous in the block.

But let's list this correctly....the CORRECT order in 84 was BD/SCV/Garfield.....they tied US....not the other way around! :throwupen:

And stressful...back in 84 they announced a couple of scores, then a caption....then another couple of scores and another caption.

Gave you NO idea of who was ahead in the actual score, and by the time Brandt announced the menage-a-brass it was getting really nervous in the block.

But let's list this correctly....the CORRECT order in 84 was BD/SCV/Garfield.....they tied US....not the other way around! :throwupen:

How do you figure that one? Garfield had won brass in 83 and were defending champions. What? Garfield tied BD because they went on second from the end?

(Just poking you a bit. That was a great battle!)

Edited by shorty

Yeah that was a pretty intense wait that night, wasn't it? And I think Shorty has it right, as defending brass champions, I think you tied US (unless we go with an alphabetical listing).

And yes, I know, I have your ring. :peek: But I still LOVE listening to La Fiesta! Best concert ever! Was it the last true concert?

Yeah,but they still got the ring. :peek: