~Burning Question~

We have competed in 4 DCA shows so far this season (Rochester/Lawerence/Waterloo/Cicero) and at each contest there are 2 photographers at field level.

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS????? :throwupen:

I would think there would be interest from members, parents and administration to view, and potentially purchase some of these actions shots, and/or use in Corps promotional materials. I also think it would be nice for those who can’t attend the shows to have access to these photos to accompany reviews and enhance their at home experience?!

I know for our own purposes we would like to be able to send action shots to our costume and flag manufacturers (with the photographers consent of course) so they can use them for promotion of their handiwork! Also, these could be very useful from a recruiting standpoint. Not to mention, a tool to look at body facings, horn angles, stick heights - like football game footage!

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Jen~

DCA had no official photographers in Cicero North Syracuse last weekend. They were probably working for Drum Corps World.

Pictures are taken at various shows throughout the year by official DCA Photographers - Don Paluh is director of photography with Richard Wersinger also on staff - to have the best and most recent shots available for our publicity and the Yearbook. Naturally, geographics make it impossible to get 2009 pictures of every corps. Upon request, these shots are made available to any corps that asks by contacting me. Additionally, the photos were also used for such things as the new DCA TV ad.

After DCA - many will be placed on the website. There are over 1100 photos on the website from the 2008 championship.

We also contract with Jolesch Photography to provide group photos at championship and they make candid shots available for purchase also.

After DCA - many will be placed on the website. There are over 1100 photos on the website from the 2008 championship.

Sorry to drift a bit off topic here...

Tom - is there any way or any future plan to organize those 1186 pics? Maybe a search capability?

I love the fact that these pics are there, and appreciate that they are made public, but wow - the thought of searching through that many pics for pertinent ones is rather daunting!

Thanks!

DCA had no official photographers in Cicero North Syracuse last weekend. They were probably working for Drum Corps World.

Pictures are taken at various shows throughout the year by official DCA Photographers - Don Paluh is director of photography with Richard Wersinger also on staff - to have the best and most recent shots available for our publicity and the Yearbook. Naturally, geographics make it impossible to get 2009 pictures of every corps. Upon request, these shots are made available to any corps that asks by contacting me. Additionally, the photos were also used for such things as the new DCA TV ad.

We also contract with Jolesch Photography to provide group photos at championship and they make candid shots available for purchase also.

Don Paluh's photos are genius .. ditto for Francesa DeMello, who also has a bunch of great shots.

edtd cuz i cant spel

Edited by drumlaw80

watch for Harry Heidlemark to make his presence known soon. He is off tour from Pioneer now.

Donny

I have no idea if or when we will organize the photos from 2008...

The first priority will be to organize 2009 in such a way that they can be logically sorted and get them up as soon as possible.

As for Don Paluh... freakin' amazing... WAIT TILL YOU GUYS SEE THE YEARBOOK.... he is a genius.... it's at the printer now... I am like an expectant father... you guys should line up to get it... Every picture and every layout is world class calibre - it showcases the efforts of the performers and puts them center stage... Plan on getting yours soon...

Marching members, you director can preorder books for you and pick them up on friday afternoon before I&E... this is your opportunity to get it and put it way with your stuff instead of buying it and carrying it all over either at the party or in uniform... both of which stink... See your director...

As for Don Paluh... freakin' amazing... WAIT TILL YOU GUYS SEE THE YEARBOOK.... he is a genius....

Agree....It's great to have Don back on the team!!!

Fran

We make photos of corps available to any corps for promotional purposes. Ask your director to contact DCA.

We have competed in 4 DCA shows so far this season (Rochester/Lawerence/Waterloo/Cicero) and at each contest there are 2 photographers at field level.

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS????? :tongue:

I would think there would be interest from members, parents and administration to view, and potentially purchase some of these actions shots, and/or use in Corps promotional materials. I also think it would be nice for those who can’t attend the shows to have access to these photos to accompany reviews and enhance their at home experience?!

I know for our own purposes we would like to be able to send action shots to our costume and flag manufacturers (with the photographers consent of course) so they can use them for promotion of their handiwork! Also, these could be very useful from a recruiting standpoint. Not to mention, a tool to look at body facings, horn angles, stick heights - like football game footage!

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Jen~