DCA SOUTH OPINION

DCA SOUTH  

90 members have voted

1. 1. who is the biggest thread in the south?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  2. 2. Who have the best most entertaining show this season?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  3. 3. Is Alliance having the best year for a new Open class Corps?

• Yes
    • No

I'm all for a DCA-S/DCA-C super-regional. Let's make this happen.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone considered Bloomington, Illinois (not Indiana) as a possible locale?

When I was in high school the Illinois State marching band championships were held in Bloomington at Illinois State University. I think state is still held there and it was a great venue even back then so I'm sure it's even better now with field and general stadium improvments. There is also a BOA/MFA sponsored DCI show there virtually every year so they are accustomed to drum corps and our quirky requirements. Great suggestion, Terry.

I think I will bring it up at the Fall meeting with some of the other directors and see if it is plausible. Anyone else in?

But only if we can get a cool Super Big Fantastic DCA Super Regional patch for our jackets!

Super Big Fantastic DCA Super Regional

This will be the name of the show. No arguing. It's in.

This will be the name of the show. No arguing. It's in.

Motion seconded

I think I will bring it up at the Fall meeting with some of the other directors and see if it is plausible. Anyone else in?

It would be a great measuring stick. I approve!

I am really stoked about this idea. Sooo, I looked for a geographical midpoint. It turns out that the midpoint in near Metropolis, IL / Paducah, KY

3861504977_77419d2974_o.png

3862288040_52f1931450_o.png

Paducah is actually pretty close to Nashville. So why don't we make Music City Metal IV the biggest, baddest show of the season? Just thinkin out loud.

Of course, JJ, you know I am from Paducah, which we all know is the center of the known universe. What an incredible idea! Western Kentucky is the best place for marching band and drum corps. I will definitely bring Shenandoah Sound to Paducah!!!!

Personally, I think a show of this size needs to be held at a venue that is capable of handling the parking and housing needs for so many groups. If there is a college or university close to that area, why not work with a contact there?

Has anyone considered Bloomington, Illinois (not Indiana) as a possible locale? I used to fly into Bloomington when I worked in Peoria a couple of years ago and find that area kinda neat because there is a nice airport that is served by three major airlines. There are a ton of places to eat and housing at hotels would be a cinch. It is also the corporate headquarters for State Farm or one of them big insurance companies, so I imagine they get a ton of business travelers. I'd bet they have a local convention bureau that would kill to have a show like this is their area.

Thoughts???

Now that I am on the Paducah kick, Murray State is the perfect place for a drum corps show. Actually saw my first one there in 1979. They have hosted Festival of Champions marching band show for like 30+ years and artificial turf too!

Ya gotta love the comraderie that's happening in DCA!!!

Team work is awesome!!! Good luck in making this happen because I think it's a great idea!!!