SCV 2009 vs Cadets 1987

SCV 2009 vs Cadets 1987  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better

• SCV 2009
    • Cadets 1987

I hadn't seen a topic started about this so i was just curious what everyone thought about this.

Who do u think did Applacian Springs better?

SCV's 2009 Ballet for Martha

or

Cadets 1987 Applacian Springs

My vote is cadets 1987, but dont get me wrong i loved SCV 2009 :sarcasm:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into a friend that marched Cadets in the early 80's and asked him if he had seen SCV this year. His reply was yeah, about 22 years ago. I sort of got a chuckle out of that. I really enjoyed elements of both shows. I think 87 is more sentimental to me, as it was my era of marching. I also came pretty unglued when I saw the dissolving company front for the first time! However, I think SCV did a wonderful job with the book.

Cadets 1987. Mostly because I was sitting in row 5 at finals this year a few feet away from the amps, and every time I heard a fake, unbalanced sound coming from the synthesizer it was annoying and took away from the overall class and subtlety of the show and cause me to lose focus. If I had been higher up I'm sure the synths would have been much harder to hear so it wouldn't have been a problem. I guess it will depend how the audio recordings sound.

Cadets 1987. Mostly because I was sitting in row 5 at finals this year a few feet away from the amps, and every time I heard a fake, unbalanced sound coming from the synthesizer it was annoying and took away from the overall class and subtlety of the show and cause me to lose focus. If I had been higher up I'm sure the synths would have been much harder to hear so it wouldn't have been a problem. I guess it will depend how the audio recordings sound.

XXX wrong...they were annoyingly loud and "un" acoustic upstairs, too...

XXX wrong...they were annoyingly loud and "un" acoustic upstairs, too...

yep, they were pumped through house sound, great for ensemble :sarcasm:

I expected to like this SCV show more than I actually did – it felt like a step backwards from what they had been trying to do recently, more so if I compare this 5th place to 2007 5th place show (which I really liked)

BUT it was nice to see SCV finally master their show in time for finals; they commanded a great presence on the field that they have been lacking the last several years. So I see this as a confidence building show, a re-establishment of their identity and hope they meld it into their next few shows

I saw it with a huge SCV fan that didn’t even know what they were playing this year when they came on at quarters and he shockingly hated it, thought it was boring – I tried to turn him around by feeding him the hype but he wouldn’t buy it ...he was bummed - I was not expecting that reaction at all

I have to go with Cadets on this one because going into finals week 1987 I was all about SCV but by the time Cadets finished their finals run, I had a big grin on my face and really didn’t care who won that night and felt both were deserving champions

yep, they were pumped through house sound, great for ensemble :sarcasm:

I expected to like this SCV show more than I actually did – it felt like a step backwards from what they had been trying to do recently, more so if I compare this 5th place to 2007 5th place show (which I really liked)

BUT it was nice to see SCV finally master their show in time for finals; they commanded a great presence on the field that they have been lacking the last several years. So I see this as a confidence building show, a re-establishment of their identity and hope they meld it into their next few shows

I saw it with a huge SCV fan that didn’t even know what they were playing this year when they came on at quarters and he shockingly hated it, thought it was boring – I tried to turn him around by feeding him the hype but he wouldn’t buy it ...he was bummed - I was not expecting that reaction at all

I have to go with Cadets on this one because going into finals week 1987 I was all about SCV but by the time Cadets finished their finals run, I had a big grin on my face and really didn’t care who won that night and felt both were deserving champions

I wish i was old enough, much less alive to see this show and alot of the other from the 80s and 90s, sadly, i was born in 89 and missed alot of great shows live lol

I wish i was old enough, much less alive to see this show and alot of the other from the 80s and 90s, sadly, i was born in 89 and missed alot of great shows live lol

You and me both, buddy. I thought I would at least be able to see the same type of shows as those from that era live, but I can't even do that. :sarcasm:

You and me both, buddy. I thought I would at least be able to see the same type of shows as those from that era live, but I can't even do that. :sarcasm:

yeah sucks :worthy: but been watching alot of the old shows on the 50" with surround sound, gets kind close to live...ish haha