2009 DVDs

Sorry, there will not be any drum or guard angles this year. There were no cameras for this, and the angle cam director was in the stands.

Video recordings were made in HD. I've seen the HD recordings and they are unbelievably sharp and the detail is fantastic. I'm not quite sure if these will be offered to the public, or how they would be offered.

The sound is also fantastic, and it's not very obvious that they were playing indoors.

Edited by illinidale

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, there will not be any drum or guard angles this year. There were no cameras for this, and the angle cam director was in the stands.

Video recordings were made in HD. I've seen the HD recordings and they are unbelievably sharp and the detail is fantastic. I'm not quite sure if these will be offered to the public, or how they would be offered.

The sound is also fantastic, and it's not very obvious that they were playing indoors.

How do you know all this? And this isn't a smartass question. I seriously want to know so I can put all my hopes to rest.

For that kind of change, DCI should throw in a voucher for two free tickets to any show in 2010.

Would anybody really pay that for a DVD of Finals inside the Lucas Oil Grand Echo Chamber? $100.00 is really laughable. :laughing::unsure::blink: .............

Im gonna buy it for Vanguard's show alone

Judge tapes?

Plus an inflated amount for postage. I'm not sure why DCI's rates are much higher than anyone. If you can order DVD's directly from a corps, you can usally save $10

DCI has a better quality dvd than DCA, and their price is about the same

How do you know all this? And this isn't a smartass question. I seriously want to know so I can put all my hopes to rest.

I understand. DCP is so full of self-appointed experts it's hard to tell who is stating an opinion and who is stating a fact.

Now which of the details is it that you have all your hopes resting on?

I'm guessing he's just looking for a general "how you got access to what you saw" to help establish credibility/validity of what you described. In other words, would you happen to be part of the DVD production group, a quality-assurance expert who was given a copy for feedback, etc.?