Minicorps scores

Galen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the GHOST RIDERS!!! You definitely had a goose bump performance, and it is the best I've ever seen the group perform!! :devil:

Yes, this mimin-corps show gets better every year (and so does STAR). WOW, just awesome isn't enough to describe them, and great people too.

But I missed seeing Erie T-birds being out there. They always entertained the crowd like no other.

Maybe next year??

After watching the Youtube clips of some mini corps from past seasons, and following the DCP coverage Friday night, I added the mini-corps DVD to my order this morning......and I proudly placed my order through DCP to say "Thank You" for a wonderful weekend.

Joe in NJ

Congrats to all the Mini-corps, but a huge shout out to my home boys! Crongrats guys! Scooter, if you need some help with arranging airfare and such for the conspiricy theorist in the crowd....I would love to help!

Unreal performance! :devil:

Yes, this mimin-corps show gets better every year (and so does STAR). WOW, just awesome isn't enough to describe them, and great people too.

But I missed seeing Erie T-birds being out there. They always entertained the crowd like no other.

Maybe next year??

Thanks for your comments about the TBIRDS Ray.....especially the "Entertainment" thingee. We really missed being a part of Minicorps' this year but, as you say, maybe next year.

Gotta say, the biggest let down of the entire weekend was turning the key to open the front door of home!

I want to mention my friends from the Generations. Congratulations on your return to the competition. I really enjoyed your show, and was very glad to see you up there. Hope to see you out there for many years to come.

Star, yep you smoked us all! Just a phenomenal sound. Any nay-sayers, please grow up. IF I never win this DCA show, I am honored to have shared the stage with one hell of a "drum corps", and some of the very classiest people to grace the activity! When I saw Scooter right after their performance his first statement was to say how much he enjoyed our mellophone section, which meant quite a bit to me, he was followed by another of their awesome mellophones congratulating our mells. My only regret as far as Star goes is that we don't get to see them more often during the year! For that matter, we don't get so see anyone nearly enough through the year!

Golden Eagles, thanks for the hospitality tent...err truck... You guys rock on and off the stage!

Now a question. What does Rochester do the rest of the year? I swear they settle in for a LONNGGG winters nap till next September when the city comes alive with DCA!

Hey I'm not Star fan but the they were absolutely flawless with not only there music but with the movement on stage as well and who ever puts that package together did the best job of staging I've ever seen. Still can't figure out what you played but it was so freakin clean and and very had alot movement in the music. Congragulations! DA what great performance by GR and Mass Brass was just awesome. Skyliners set the crowd on fire and the solo's in and the intire hornline fro MSL just amazing from start to finish.

I was very happy that Coulsen won the 50/50 raffle as well. Ya know the mini corps thing is pretty awesome. You compete. You hang out with the people that you compete against. They tell you that the judges were wrong, because they are and always will be the best. You tell them that your group is better than the score they got as well. They buy, you buy. It is like a competitve fraternity in many ways.

The Golden Eagles as always offer a visit to their truck for refreshments, and are super people. Mass Brass members also tell great stories about competitions in the 60's and 70's about the Massachusetts corps they marched with. Star United guys tell you that they heard us while waiting to go on, and how good they knew would have to be...then they go out there and do it. Then we all say wait until next year and say our goodbyes.

And DCA couldnt find anything else that great to open the festivities on Friday then what you get at I and E's and mini corps.

Donny

I was very happy that Coulsen won the 50/50 raffle as well. Ya know the mini corps thing is pretty awesome. You compete. You hang out with the people that you compete against. They tell you that the judges were wrong, because they are and always will be the best. You tell them that your group is better than the score they got as well. They buy, you buy. It is like a competitve fraternity in many ways.

The Golden Eagles as always offer a visit to their truck for refreshments, and are super people. Mass Brass members also tell great stories about competitions in the 60's and 70's about the Massachusetts corps they marched with. Star United guys tell you that they heard us while waiting to go on, and how good they knew would have to be...then they go out there and do it. Then we all say wait until next year and say our goodbyes.

And DCA couldnt find anything else that great to open the festivities on Friday then what you get at I and E's and mini corps.

Donny

AMEN Donny ! :thumbup::tongue::tongue:

THAT... Pretty much sum's it up nicely. So Sory I missed it this year...

Donny

Well said Donny. This was a "FAN"-tastic show for all of us in the audience. Kudos to all my friends in GR and a special thanks to Star United for their encore in the garage. The best part about this show is you don't have to worry about the weather....... and just so you know we don't roll up the side walks, close the bars and restaurants or stop doing drum corps stuff until next September!!! The season continues for many of us.