2009 DCA Alumni Spectacular Show - Live Thread

Video problem should be fixed. These *%#$ computers keep doing what you tell them to, rather than what you want them to do.

Sorry for the problems.

-john

John:

Thanks. Works now. You da man!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next on the field are the Toronto Optimists Alumni. Their 2009 program consists of:

Moonlight Serenade by Miller, Glenn; Parish, M.

In the Mood by Miller, Glenn

Boogie Blues by Biondi, Ray; Krupa, Gene

Battle Cry of Freedom by Root, George F.

Theme (from Patton) by Goldsmith, Jerry

San Francisco by MacKenzie, Scott

The uniforms look great on the Optimists. They're only a couple years old, plus they've been fitted on the members very well, so no bagginess in the pants or coats.

Contras just got called on a false start penalty by the drum major. They've been relegated to the front side line and now must use music stands for not knowing their parts.

Nice build to the opening fanfare of the piece.

Love having the contras right in front of me. Nice dark sound from the six members of the line.

Nice job by the soprano trio. This is a very Latin piece, but I don't recognize it from the rep posted on corpsreps.com.

Good balance in the horns. I can hear every part.

Kevin Gamon said about Crusaders Sr:

"I kid you not, there's a member of the horn line leaving the field using a walker. He's fine, just finished what he was doing and is getting off the field. He is most definitely hard corps."

That's Jim Lutz Sr. aka Papa Lutz. He's 80 and been doing drum corps as a marching member or instructor in the Boston area since he was 9. An original member of Lt Norman Princemen. Marched in the first Mission Drums. Actually Boston has four members that marched that show in the 50's.

The guy on the stool travels the farthest to do Boston. He comes from the north of Maine.

Edited by Baritonium