2009 DCA Finals Show - Live Thread

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the dark and foreboding parts, and that is done well, but the guard could communicate with more color. Their uniforms are grey and black, and I like the flags they have, but there was only a tiny corner of different color towards the middle. The end flags were white and that would have been great with more color, even GOLD perhaps :)

Right now, I'd put Vigilantes ahead of Gold.

I like the dark and foreboding parts, and that is done well, but the guard could communicate with more color. Their uniforms are grey and black, and I like the flags they have, but there was only a tiny corner of different color towards the middle. The end flags were white and that would have been great with more color, even GOLD perhaps :)

Especially considering how uplifting the end of the show is. Sure, white represents the opposite of the darkness they start with, but they don't do much in between.

Next on the field are the Kingston Grenadiers. Their 2009 program is entitled “ARTISTRY IN COLOUR” and consists of:

Artistry in Rhythm

Journey to Capricorn

Cuban Fire Suite

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Already a bigger sound than Gold. Drum book is intense. Also lots of cowbell, which fits the Latin Stan Kenton theme. Brilliant yellow flags in the guard to start Artistry in Rhythm.