How effective was the Rudnicki ad?

84BDsop

couple of us were commenting that the ends weren't as full as they had been the last couple years; but decided to blame it on the economy. s'pose only the organizing insiders could tell you that by reviewing walk-up numbers

Yeah, it looked like attendance was down again, but it was a great crowd! The Buccs had a whole cheering section up top which was pretty cool to see. There also was some empty seats in the middle up top, but actually sitting upstairs in ANY seat was a great view of the show.

I think the economy has a lot to do with attendance, lets just hope things get better next year.

Actually, attendance was much better than last year and no I don't have figures... just preliminary information... I also can say that using the preliminary information, it appears the ads WORKED...

But then again, the weather was also a HUGE boost.

Sam,

I think it is good idea to ask how the ad worked, and what might be done the same or differently in future DCA marketing. I don't have marketing data from Rochester in my hands, but I am happy and proud of the response the DCA commercial got, especially the 10,250+ views on YouTube in only three weeks, which I think is probably some sort of drum corps record.

But, referring to the DCA commercial as "The Rudnicki ad," is not accurate -- DCA itself decided to do the new commercial, and a number of talented people submitted photos and other material, and worked together as a team to get this commercial done. When all was said and done, there are about 10 people who deserved credit for this commercial (credits are on YouTube). From a design standpoint, we modeled the :30 DCA ad after commercials by the NFL and sports companies (Nike etc.), the only difference being that a few of the NFL Network commercials have photos that actually switch even faster than the photos in the DCA commercial.

In any event, I do think this commercial is the right approach for a :30 commercial for a drum corps show.

Lee

couple of us were commenting that the ends weren't as full as they had been the last couple years; but decided to blame it on the economy. s'pose only the organizing insiders could tell you that by reviewing walk-up numbers

Don't know what the final numbers will show for each of the three events, but from the field, the crowd appeared somewhat larger than last year's.

Actually, attendance was much better than last year and no I don't have figures... just preliminary information... I also can say that using the preliminary information, it appears the ads WORKED...

But then again, the weather was also a HUGE boost.

You should see a huge increase in DVD/CD sales due to the DCP coverage all weekend. (I added the mini-corps DVD to my usual order...plus I ordered through DCP to show my appreciation.)

You should see a huge increase in attendance at local contests next year for the same reason .

The effect of the Renegades/Statesmen agreement will be measured when we see new young blood joining DCA out west.

2010 has the potential to be another 2009 and possibly even better, if that's possible.

Here are some questions:

Anybody get their DVDs yet?

Has the 2010 mini-corps line up been announced yet?

Who's gonna be in the Cabs Wildwood show?

How much further west is the Hurcs 2010 show going?

Anybody in favor of adding one field judge just for "ticks?"

Can the Bucs make it 56 straight?

Does Alliance really have a shot at top-3?

Is Star United going Open Class?

Will the Reilly Raider/Archie merger give us a new Pennsylvania Dark Horse?

Will the Yankee Rebels come to the Bayonne show and do their Civil War scene and have the NORTH win?

Hurry June!!!!!!

Joe