DCA vs DCI

I think the more accurate comparison would be some DCI corps vs. BOA units. The instrumentation and approach is more similar.

Otherwise, I'd just rather see a DCA show.

:tongue:

Great comment!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except you have a corps a week out from finals in DCI and corps with a month to go in DCA...with drastically different rehearsal schedules.

come on gang...it's apples and oranges. let's all be smart here and realize it is what is and be happy with both, or whichever one you prefer

Brigs and ES were invited to the Tie Breaker of Cadets and Cavaliers in 2001 in Buffalo in mid June. Both circuit are kind of at the beginning of the season and *ahem* pretty dirty.

It was a lot of fun. Results were:

Syracuse Brigadiers 75.550

The Cadets 72.550

Cavaliers 72.350

Empire Statesmen 66.350

of course the sheets were different. And of course the crowd loved the seniors much better :tongue:

Brigs and ES were invited to the Tie Breaker of Cadets and Cavaliers in 2001 in Buffalo in mid June. Both circuit are kind of at the beginning of the season and *ahem* pretty dirty.

It was a lot of fun. Results were:

Syracuse Brigadiers 75.550

The Cadets 72.550

Cavaliers 72.350

Empire Statesmen 66.350

of course the sheets were different. And of course the crowd loved the seniors much better :tongue:

I was a fan judge that day,.....................I think we had it Brigs, Cavs, Empire, Cadets, if I am not mistaken................some of the most fun I've ever had at a show!

I was a fan judge that day,.....................I think we had it Brigs, Cavs, Empire, Cadets, if I am not mistaken................some of the most fun I've ever had at a show!

The atmosphere was so cool.

I'd really like to see the top 2 DCI and DCA "compete" like that again. It's an unforgettable moment for members.

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

The atmosphere was so cool.

I'd really like to see the top 2 DCI and DCA "compete" like that again. It's an unforgettable moment for members.

,.................and the fans who were picked to judge,............the collective fan voice was actually heard over the PA system that day,.................now that was cool!

if I remember correctly, it was the first show for all four corps that year,............

,.................and the fans who were picked to judge,............the collective fan voice was actually heard over the PA system that day,.................now that was cool!

if I remember correctly, it was the first show for all four corps that year,............

Yes it was the first show for Cadets, Brigs and ES, although I think it was Cavs 3rd show.

Edit: yup just verified on corpsreps. 3rd show for Cavs and 1st for the rest of us.

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

I remember that show, was there with ES.....wow did that corps improve!

but till...apples to oranges...they had had every days for what a month? we had weekends

Kind of makes you long for a Dream Contest, doesn't it. Five superlative senior and junior corps, each judged on their own merits. Mix the juniors and seniors in appearance order and don't announce it in advance. WOOT!

Robert

Kind of makes you long for a Dream Contest, doesn't it. Five superlative senior and junior corps, each judged on their own merits. Mix the juniors and seniors in appearance order and don't announce it in advance. WOOT!

Robert

The Dream Contest was judged by a judges association that was neither a senior, nor junior, judging circuit. Further, they used the same sheets and criteria, making scoring comparative.......

Impossible today

Unnecessary today

We have two championships to enjoy. Why would we want to get rid of one?

My favorite vegetable is broccoli...... my favorite fruit is banana. You can't ask me to name either as my favorite because they are DIFFERENT.

Joe in NJ

(Home of the Jersey Tomato...which is a vegetable AND a fruit)

Not a .50 cal in the hands of a skilled sniper?? :tongue:

The .50 cal if a fine choice...if you want to pick 'em off one-by-one. A more efficient choice would be the Mk 19. (40mm (1.1") machine gun firing High Explosive grenades over a distance of 1 mile.)

Its use however against the Grenadiers has been banned as being "Too ironic". :worthy:

i raise your marine drum corps guns with my three year old loose in your equipment truck. :) now thats damage waiting to happen

Well played Sir, I conceed that point! :tongue: