A HUGE THANK YOU FROM ROCHESTER

I don’t know where to begin….. It seems like yesterday we were chatting with the folks from the Greater Rochester Visitor’s Association (now Visit Rochester) and we started thinking about putting together a bid to bring DCA to Rochester. This was the winter of 2004. Now here we are just finishing up year number 4 in 2009. I really need to publicly thank my wonderful committee that has been by my side for the past 4 years. These people work countless hours behind the scenes all year. While people are teaching Marching Band in the fall…. We are meeting about DCA. While people are enjoying the WGI season all winter…. We are meeting about DCA. It never ends!! We do this because we believe in our County & City and want you all to have the best experience possible while you’re here. So here I go…

Secretary / Leslie Wehner

Stadium Liaison / Norm LeFrois

Security Liaison (Outside the Stadium logistics) / Joe Siracuse

County of Monroe / Becky Wehner

City of Rochester / Margaret Richart

THE ROCHESTER POLICE DEPARTMENT!!!!

PR / Roy Wilson

Housing / Donna Duckett

DCA Headquarters / Colleen Coogan

Practice Sites / Kelli O’Connor

I & E Liaison / Dick Pronti

Visit Rochester / Tim James

Visit Rochester / Traci Armstrong

Stadium / Matt Ford

DCA Business Manager / Dick Eschenmann

DCA Local Rep / Joe Geswaldo

Well there they are!! The people who make Rochester look great. Also keep in mind that each of these people has others working with them….. The city has the Police, Joe has his parking crew, and Matt has his FANTASTIC Stadium crew & great folks from Famous Daves BBQ. There are SO many folks that make this happen. I wish I could bring them all out on the field in front of that huge crowd for a stand O… They deserve it!!

A special thank you goes out to the DCA administration for having trust in me to lead this project once again. And to the Fans…… I know we can’t EVER please everyone but it seems to get better and better each year. If you think you can do it better then jump on board and become a volunteer! We’d love your help…. See you in Rochester in 2010!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Allen and Co., for a job very well done!

Congratulations, Allen and Co., for a job very well done!

Thanks Tom... and Congrats back at you for win #5!! Wow.. Wow.. Wow... What a year your team had!!

Here here! Great job, and I will say it was THE smoothest (I think) of the 4 years. My biggest complaint in past years was parking, and that certainly seemed to be fixed this year and was terrific!

One question to the Rochester Police; Do you guys take happy pills or something? I have never met a finer department. Not that I make it a habit of meeting with law enforcement. Every one I encountered was genuinely kind and extremely helpful. Mostly seemed happy that we were there.

I am already making plans for next year!

Thanks for all the hard work. I for one, very much appreciate it!

I'll second that......I don't think I've ever met a more professional, engaging and helpful police department than the Rochester P.D. NIGHT and DAY compared to the Barney Fifes in Scranton.

But seriously, I absolutely LOVE the City of Rochester, and am in no hurry to have DCA Weekend anywhere else. The city is beautiful, the people are nice, the venue is awesome, the weather is merciful.

And with the news that Renegades are doing the Statesmen's show in July of 2010, I am pleased that I will get to visit Rochster TWICE next year! Thanks for putting on one hell of an event guys!

Thanks Rochester! Renegades loved your city so much we're visiting it TWICE next summer!

Good times!

See you at Sticky Lips BBQ,

- Greg

Ah yes... Sticky Lips.

Good call.

Alan,

Is DCA back in Rochester next year too? I hope so as I plan on marching again and would love to get back...."I'd rather be in Rochester...." It's funny how you remember an old commercial.