Troopers, am I the only one to notice

I like others are glad to see Troopers back in the top 12. But I'm a little disappointed in how they did it. While the show was called Western Side Story and was "based" on WSS I found it more of a Blue Devils type show then a Troopers show. Lots of snippets and music I couldn't remember once I left the theatre.

I've read people deride Blue Devils and others for this type of show but no one seems upset when the Troopers did it. Am I the only one to find this strange?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I found it more of a Troopers show and liked it very much. In fact, it was one of my top 5 favorite shows this last season:

1. SCV

2. Crown

3. HNC

4. Blue Stars

5. Troopers

No way am I going to go near that one. I've been around Drum Corps long enough to know that if I trash the Troopers I might as well just sign my own death warrant. :tongue:

If the formula works, I can't knock it. The Blue Devils use a formula that is very successful year to year. They may not win every year, but they are always in contention from year to year. Troopers found a formula that worked to get them back into finals. If the vehicle drives, ride it 'til the wheels fall off. I know some would disagree with my logic here.

Whether design choices are based on some sort of formula or not I always find it kind of bizarre how people usually tend to gripe and moan about corps that do well etc.... There are many other groups that consistently do not have the success of the groups that people most frequently complain about. Maybe some of those "not as successful" corps should focus a bit more on formulas that work instead of formulas that may not work.

Nice job Troop! You know you had a successful season when you start getting negative press here on DCP. Keep up the good work in 2010.

Nice job Troop! You know you had a successful season when you start getting negative press here on DCP. Keep up the good work in 2010.

Truth...