Tuba player kills cameraman

Absolutely...I didn the math once and through my Big 10 career I have easily performed in front of 5 million people live....hundreds of millions more on TV.

You're confusing how many people are at any given game, with how many people actually watch, or care that, the band is performing. In DCI people are there just for the bands, er, I mean corps....maybe.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're confusing how many people are at any given game, with how many people actually watch, or care that, the band is performing. In DCI people are there just for the bands, er, I mean corps....maybe.

Well, you've never been in Ohio Stadium then, Bub. Twenty minutes before kickoff, the crowd stands and waits...waits...waits... the second we see that first snare at the top of the tunnel, there's a vociferous eruption from 100,000+. They do the exact same pregame every week (except for honoring the opposition), but it's still very moving for fans. Opposing team fans always marvel at the reception for the band.

It may be the same every week, but it's like rooting for 1980 27th Lancers or 1989 SCV. You've seen it all before, but you still love it. :tongue:

Edited by Swine

Yeah right, in dci people are there just for the corps. Tell that to the kids who spend the whole time chatting with each other.

Trivia quiz, to put this thread On Topic:

What current DCI corps played the Script Ohio music for three full seasons?

[Penalty points if you were ever a member of this corps and don't know the answer.]

Edited by HornsUp

Trivia quiz, to put this thread On Topic:

What current DCI corps played the Script Ohio music for three full seasons?

[Penalty points if you were ever a member of this corps and don't know the answer.]

Did they play it in a show? According to corpsreps.com no one has played it (but corpsreps has been wrong before)

I'll take a shot.

Le Regiment

Phantom played it.

Sorry. Phantom played "Phantom Regiment" by Leroy Andersen

But "regiment" IS in the subtitle of this march.

According to corpsreps.com no one has played it (but corpsreps has been wrong before)

Looking it up in CorpsReps is cheating, this is not an open book test. And CorpsReps is only as accurate as the memory cells of its contributors.

And the title of the march is not "Script Ohio". You need to attend more band concerts.

Looking it up in CorpsReps is cheating, this is not an open book test. And CorpsReps is only as accurate as the memory cells of its contributors.

And the title of the march is not "Script Ohio". You need to attend more band concerts.

As an Ohio State alumni you bet your ### I know that it's called 'Le Régiment de Sambre et Meuse' :)

Lord knows I played it more than once in concert when I was a music student there...