Calling all DCI World Class Brass - ChopSaver

Dan Gosling

Hi All

Dan the ChopSaver Guy here. Congrats to all on another great season. I'm loving the fact that Finals are right here in our backyard!

Hopefully, every brass player in each World Class Corps received a free tube of ChopSaver Gold lip care at the beginning of the season. While we know many of you already use ChopSaver, we felt the only way to keep getting the word out was to get the product into as many hands (and lips!) as possible.

So, while we love knowing that people like Phil Smith, Arturo Sandoval, Vince DiMartino, Chris Martin, Al Chez, Mark Pender, Joe Alessi, Gail Williams, Wayne Bergeron, and Jay Friedman (just to name a few!) use and endorse the product, we want to hear from you!

Customer feedback is crucial to our long term success. Let us know what you think!

In the meantime, we're looking forward to next season!

All the best,

Dan

I would definitely recommend a higher SPF if you're targeting the drum corps activity. I eventually gave it up for DCT's higher SPF to protect my lips on sunny days.

I would definitely recommend a higher SPF if you're targeting the drum corps activity. I eventually gave it up for DCT's higher SPF to protect my lips on sunny days.

its 5 spf difference...

Well, here's what one should keep in mind about SPF numbers. The difference between 22 (DCT) and ChopSaver (15) is minimal. In other words, a 30 is not twice the protection as a 15 nor is 45 three times the protection. The numbers are VERY misleading and in fact, some in the industry are pushing for a complete overhaul of the SPF numbering system. Who knows when that will happen. The number is less important than how often you apply.

Here is a quote from the Skin Cancer Foundation website:

"Most sunscreens with an SPF of 15 or higher do an excellent job of protecting against UVB. SPF — or Sun Protection Factor — is a measure of a sunscreen's ability to prevent UVB from damaging the skin. Here's how it works: If it takes 20 minutes for your unprotected skin to start turning red, using an SPF 15 sunscreen theoretically prevents reddening 15 times longer — about five hours.

Another way to look at it is in terms of percentages: SPF 15 blocks approximately 93 percent of all incoming UVB rays. SPF 30 blocks 97 percent; and SPF 50 blocks 98 percent."

So, that actual difference between a 15 and 22 is about 2%, not 33%. Keep in mind, ChopSaver was designed to heal and take down swelling. If we laced it up with a lot more chemicals just to get a 30, then you don't really have ChopSaver anymore. You just have sunscreen and ChopSaver is designed to do much more than that.

DCT is more than 50% petroleum. If you are looking for a more natural alternative, Chopsaver is clearly the way to go.

Thanks for your comment!

I'm very impressed with ChopSaver. I put it on after practicing, and by the performance, I'm ready to go!

We did get our shipment of ChopSaver, THANK YOU Dan.

Personally, I have been using ChopSaver exclusively since I was first introduced to it a few years ago. This was the second year offering your product to our members. When I passed out the individual tubes this past summer, the members rushed in with anticipation to receive theirs and I overheard comments like "my chops always feel refreshed".

In regards to the concerns about the SPF difference between DCT and ChopSaver, I have had no issues. I find that more chop problems during the summer are caused by the wind versus the sun (assuming some sort of sunscreen is being used on the chops).

Thanks again Dan, I look forward to using your product for years to come.