Vigilantes Drum line Prelim great!!!!

Empire

MBI

Cru hornline prelims

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loud is one thing, loud and good is quite another. In that regard, I was most impressed with Buc's, Renegades and Alliance. I don't add MBI because I am biased in that regard. Statesmen were great as usual.

Now that I think of it, I'd appreciate some perspective from fans that have been attending over the past few years. This was my first opportunity to watch the shows since I've been marching all other years. Honestly, I was very impressed with the sound from most of the corps, even some who didn't make finals like Kilties. Has this been improving top to bottom over the past few years or has it always been like this? In other words, the top few are always good, but is this the best it has been over the past 5 or so years top to bottom in terms of placement?

absolutely improving... the bar keeps getting raised...

I contend that a few short years ago Kilties and Music City Legend would have been in the middle of the pack...

Caballeros, Hurricanes, Empire and MBI could have won with those shows... just a couple of years ago...

I also don't see it as just a "chasing Bucs" effect... (although they continue to raise the bar at the top also) the bar has been raised across the board... Even the bottom half of Class A was quite respectable... The days of not showing up at prelims till after 5PM are gone... you do that, you miss many wonderful corps...

I commend all corps and say - GREAT JOB! Keep up the good work.

personally, considering the way it's worded... my answer would be Star United....

never heard 18 horns so loud! Amazing what good intonation and ear training will do... without one ounce of overblowing I might add..

Good points.

Sunday night at Finals was the first time I had heard Star United outdoors.... and if the tick system was in place, Star's performance Sunday night would have been....no ticks. Absolutely flawless. And you're right, LOUD.

Fran

Cabs Alumni followed by Bayonne's falldown ending....in your face man... :rolleyes:

Then the Bucs, Renegades, Empire, Hawthorne and MBI....

IMO...