Blue Devils' Technique

And Limited Edition did it in 1989

Either way, very few things in drum corps are completely unique: it's the application and effectiveness that really matter (and IMO LE, Phantom, and Blue Devils were all very effective in their uses of the crab stepping).

Yep. And Suncoast Sound did it in 1986.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Devils march better than you.

Bent legs aren't cool.

Agree.

Though, BD does have the slightest knee bend (as opposed to Cadets and their scissor legs). Sun Devils marched (or attempted to) with BD technique.

So people are still hung up on Blue Devils winning?

I’m glad they won. It’s good that a stellar performance on the field can overcome a rather lacking show design. That’s the way I want it, in the hands of the corps members, not staff .

Blue Devils always march well, they always to everything well, that’s why there are the Blue Devils.

So people are still hung up on Blue Devils winning?

I’m glad they won. It’s good that a stellar performance on the field can overcome a rather lacking show design. That’s the way I want it, in the hands of the corps members, not staff .

Blue Devils always march well, they always to everything well, that’s why there are the Blue Devils.

I dont think thats what the thread about at all, even if it is true...but oh well

True enough that Cadets dont march scissor leg any more. In fact I think you'd be hard pressed to find a technique program that has a 100% straight leg technique with no knee bend.

True enough that Cadets dont march scissor leg any more. In fact I think you'd be hard pressed to find a technique program that has a 100% straight leg technique with no knee bend.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who can WALK with 100% straight leg technique

If people were ment to walk with straight leg technique then we wouldnt have knees... thats why its a marching style. no one ever said drum corps are people who walk around the field in time