Which 2009 World Class Finalist will not repeat?

Geneva

Seriously??

Ok. I'll say it. I am really happy for the Troopers, making finals was a great thing for them...however, IMO, they shouldn't have made it in. I thought that the Colts were way better, but at any rate, neither corps are a top 10 corps. Glassmen have a good finals track record (I believe 15 times, correct me if I'm wrong). I'll give you BK just to be nice, but they've also been in finals pretty consistently. Phantom Regiment's finals record is bested by only one other corps - SCV - and although not guaranteed (just like Madison making finals), with the addition of Myron Rosander, they'll quickly re-establish themselves as a top tier corps.

I'm happy that Madison has addressed its recent issues, but building back up takes time. Those who honestly think that people will be choosing the Madison Scouts in 2010 over corps that have made finals in the last 4 years are seriously out of touch with DCI and its members. Yes, Madison will have a full corps and they will be better than last year, but it is September. Names on a page don't mean a thing until there's a band on grass in May. This forum really is hilarious.

You are correct that the Colts should have beat the Troopers. Hands down. I would say that they should have scored about 1 to 1.5 points higher than the Troopers based on their Semifinals performance. The Colts guard should have beat the troopers guard by about a half a point and GE should have went to the Colts by at least a point. However, I do believe that Madison will rise more quickly than you suggest not so much because of new members but because of the level of design and technique that will be improved due to the staffing changes.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts also need to improve their individual style in both marching and music. When I listened to Troop and Colts last year, the Troopers had a more consistent individual musicallity. If the Colts want to move back into the top 12 they will need to address this problem.

Because you can really tell player to player technique from a video or in the stands. That's what a field judge is for. The Colts had a way better ensemble sound, which is why that outscored Troopers in Music GE.

Colts also need to improve their individual style in both marching and music. When I listened to Troop and Colts last year, the Troopers had a more consistent individual musicallity. If the Colts want to move back into the top 12 they will need to address this problem.

Because you can really tell player to player technique from a video or in the stands. That's what a field judge is for. The Colts had a way better ensemble sound, which is why that outscored Troopers in Music GE.

You are correct that the Colts should have beat the Troopers. Hands down. I would say that they should have scored about 1 to 1.5 points higher than the Troopers based on their Semifinals performance. The Colts guard should have beat the troopers guard by about a half a point and GE should have went to the Colts by at least a point. However, I do believe that Madison will rise more quickly than you suggest not so much because of new members but because of the level of design and technique that will be improved due to the staffing changes.

Here we go again. Your kid marched the Colts and you believe in this grand conspiracy that they got screwed in favor of The Troopers. They beat them at the following regionals and major DCI events:

Denver

San Antonio

Atlanta

Allentown

Quarters

Semis

If Colts had deserved to be in finals than they would have beat them at one of these events... but they didn't.

The Troopers won fair and square... get over it

Here we go again. Your kid marched the Colts and you believe in this grand conspiracy that they got screwed in favor of The Troopers. They beat them at the following regionals and major DCI events:

Denver

San Antonio

Atlanta

Allentown

Quarters

Semis

If Colts had deserved to be in finals than they would have beat them at one of these events... but they didn't.

The Troopers won fair and square... get over it

I agree with this. Colts were much better at the end of the season than I expected them to be given their weak early season, but they did not deserve to beat Troopers. Colts may have been better in a couple areas, but Troopers had a better overall product.

As far as Madison is concerned, come on people. Overhyping a corps in September is pathetic. Stating a thousand times on DCP that Madison will make finals will not help one bit in achieving that goal. A great staff is a step in the right direction, but they have to deliver and so do the marching members. We'll see, but for the sake of all that is holy, the Madison honks need to take a step back and let the corps do it's own talking.

Funny how there is an extreme drop off in pre-season homerism for the corps that are most likely to make it into finals when compared to the corps who have struggled to make it in.

there's no need to be so defensive. you have your opinions, we have ours. some people didn't feel that the Troopers had a 12th place show on semi-finals night. get over it.

Oh believe me I am fine. The Troopers are sewing finalist patches on their jackets.

Huh!!!! Troopers deserved their victory over Colts because they just outperformed them. To say that any guard from 10th to 15th should have beaten another by 1.5 points is just fantasy! I know how emotions for an individual corps creates these beliefs, but, there is no way that Colts should have beaten Troopers in any performance during the last 2 weeks of the season.

I will say this again: There was no conspiracy by the judges to have Troopers beat Colts! Troopers were the sentimental favorites and had a unique look and show. They had an extremely exposed musical book and an extremely proficient drum line. I will admit that Colts had a better CG but only by a small margin. The horn lines were both excellent, but, the Troopers played their more exposed book better than Colts. Troopers drum line was far superior to Colts and if the Troopers horn line had been better the drums could have scored in the top 6 last year. (Horn execution increases drum line scores). Colts had a louder horn line, but, if loudness were the only guage to success Madison would have been champs last year!

Huh!!!! Troopers deserved their victory over Colts because they just outperformed them. To say that any guard from 10th to 15th should have beaten another by 1.5 points is just fantasy! I know how emotions for an individual corps creates these beliefs, but, there is no way that Colts should have beaten Troopers in any performance during the last 2 weeks of the season.

I will say this again: There was no conspiracy by the judges to have Troopers beat Colts! Troopers were the sentimental favorites and had a unique look and show. They had an extremely exposed musical book and an extremely proficient drum line. I will admit that Colts had a better CG but only by a small margin. The horn lines were both excellent, but, the Troopers played their more exposed book better than Colts. Troopers drum line was far superior to Colts and if the Troopers horn line had been better the drums could have scored in the top 6 last year. (Horn execution increases drum line scores). Colts had a louder horn line, but, if loudness were the only guage to success Madison would have been champs last year!

So that #### hornline brought Troopers down?

######! Too bad they BOTH placed 11th in their captions.