Which 2009 World Class Finalist will not repeat?

Geneva

Pretty sure Cavies are going to drop out of top 12.

:sleeping:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you might be a smart ###, but you are not good at setting odds. Remind me not to take gambling advice from you.

Do you realize that I was being nowhere near being serious?

So the two corps that finished ahead of Madison have no shot to make finals?

Come on, folks. It's September.

Madison has released a list of names to try and generate some sort of excitement to get kids to come audition. And some of these names haven't designed a show since 1993. Now, I want to see the Scouts do well, too, and I think they will do better this year but lets not have a coronation here. There are two corps that finished ahead of them last year, one corps that made finals for the first time in a long time and isn't going to give it up lightly and a few corps that have been fixtures in finals for a long time now. A list of some big names isn't going to get Madison into by itself.

<sits back and waits for the typical 'contrajedi8 hates the scouts POW!' response>

Which of those names hasn't design a show since '93?

They were pretty bad this year. DVD has a great track record and, if the members fully buy in and commit, they will eventually be a much better horn line. However, their technique has a long way to go. None of the new staff mentioned is known for one year miracle turnarounds.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done to rebuild the foundation of this corps with sound technique in all sections, not to mention a design team that needs to learn to work together and understand the caliber of show next year's marching members will be able to perform. My guess is they'll be better next year, and significantly better the year after. I wouldn't be punching my ticket to Finals just yet, however.

You sound like someone who doesn't know the staff and what they can do. :sleeping:

I think people should chill, everyone knows at this point that there's no guarantee Madison will make finals or that BD and Crown will fight for top 2. It's just fun guessing cause you're right, IT'S SEPTEMBER, there's nothing else to talk about besides guessing and staff updates and speculation.

We could talk about marching band... :sleeping:

So the two corps that finished ahead of Madison have no shot to make finals?

Come on, folks. It's September.

Madison has released a list of names to try and generate some sort of excitement to get kids to come audition. And some of these names haven't designed a show since 1993. Now, I want to see the Scouts do well, too, and I think they will do better this year but lets not have a coronation here. There are two corps that finished ahead of them last year, one corps that made finals for the first time in a long time and isn't going to give it up lightly and a few corps that have been fixtures in finals for a long time now. A list of some big names isn't going to get Madison into by itself.

<sits back and waits for the typical 'contrajedi8 hates the scouts POW!' response>

I want to know who has not designed a shows since 93?

The fact that most of the new staff has went WAY PAST DCI must count for something as well....

Then we can talk WGI awards too.... :sleeping:

Which 2009 World Class Finalist will not repeat?, Once Madison returns to finalist status

Whichever one I enjoy the least, or have some sort of vendetta against

/thread

1-9 is set to me, I don't know how they'll move around, but I have my guesses.

As per usual 10-16 is going to be tight and changing for a while.

I love the Troopers too much to let them drop out in my mind. Loved the show, love the corps.

If it's anyone it'll be Troop, Glassmen, or Knights.

Who knows, maybe we'll see a random resurgence from X-Men, Spirit and Madison. And maybe Pio will win brass. :sleeping: