Best Year for DCI Performances?

I can't decide. I liked 2008 in Bloom City. 1995 Buffalo was a very special year for me and I loved tons of the shows that night, from Magic through to Bluecoats, Cadets, Cavies, BD, not so much...but it was a good year for me. I always find myself getting out the 1991 music. Just all the time....don't know exactly why but it's one of my road trip favorites. All the top 6 were just so good. Mixture of jazz, Broadway and classical and modern.

So those are my immediate thoughts...

Yours?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't decide. I liked 2008 in Bloom City. 1995 Buffalo was a very special year for me and I loved tons of the shows that night, from Magic through to Bluecoats, Cadets, Cavies, BD, not so much...but it was a good year for me. I always find myself getting out the 1991 music. Just all the time....don't know exactly why but it's one of my road trip favorites. All the top 6 were just so good. Mixture of jazz, Broadway and classical and modern.

Yours?

My first instinct is 1992, but that was my first live Finals so I might be biased. I also think 1987 was a great year, and I can second 1995 as well. I think those three years, at least, had VERY solid finalists and I liked almost every show from 12-1.

'91 was may ageout year, but I really prefer '90. What a fight for #12!

Yours?

I thought 1984 and 1992 were really good.

My favorites:

1972 - The newness of the whole thing, and staying in the Whitewater dorms with all the other corps.

1980 - The ultimate top 4 dogfight, and my age-out.

1984 - Garfield alone was worth the trip.

1987 - Another dogfight at the top. Maybe there should have been two champs.

1993 - The year Star took the activity to another big leap forward.

2005 - My son's first year marching in DCI, at the ripe old age of 13.

2006 - The fabulous reaction to Blue Stars' return to Div I, and being back in Madison.

2008 - Blue Stars surge back into finals, and the crowd reaction to Spartacus!

2009 - Watching the Troopers finally back in finals as well. HNC returning to doing drum corps.