Plymouth MA Alumni Reunion Concert

The Annual Drum Corps Reunion Concert in Plymouth MA on November 21, will be upon us before we know it. Plymouth is known as America's Home Town, pulsing with history on every corner, and the weekend before Thanksgiving is the perfect time to make a visit. And of course, drum corps enthusiasts can get their final fix before Winter. This year's lineup includes local favorites Boston Crusaders Seniors, St. Kevin Emerald Knights, and the Defenders. Returning popular units are the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, Park City Pride, and Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni corps. Making their Plymouth debut are the Hanover Lancers and the Reilly Raiders.

With Mission Drums (DCA), the East Coast Classic (DCI) and this alumni reunion Concert, the Boston area will have hosted the spectrum of drum corps. :innocent:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Annual Drum Corps Reunion Concert in Plymouth MA on November 21, will be upon us before we know it. Plymouth is known as America's Home Town, pulsing with history on every corner, and the weekend before Thanksgiving is the perfect time to make a visit. And of course, drum corps enthusiasts can get their final fix before Winter. This year's lineup includes local favorites Boston Crusaders Seniors, St. Kevin Emerald Knights, and the Defenders. Returning popular units are the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, Park City Pride, and Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni corps. Making their Plymouth debut are the Hanover Lancers and the Reilly Raiders.

With Mission Drums (DCA), the East Coast Classic (DCI) and this alumni reunion Concert, the Boston area will have hosted the spectrum of drum corps. :lookaround:

Nothing against this line up and looking forward to see and hear the two new corps coming for the first time to Plymouth.......

But what happen to The Ct Alumni Corps...

Always look forward to there show in Plymouth because they don't do the other big time shows like Harrisburg and DCA....

I hope it just a one year thing

Pete

Haven't seen the Muchachos (NH) there recently, either....

I've already ordered the tickets for the family, the hotel reservation is confirmed, and we're all looking forward to one of our favorite drum corps weekends of the year. Heck, it's one of our favorite weekends, period. What could be better than New England Clam Chowder and fresh seafood right there in Plymouth? Throw a drum corps show into the mix, and it's a really great time. And of course, we all hope that the weather cooperates for the parade!

I recently spoke with a member of the Connecticut Alumni. He was disappointed that they would not be at Plymouth this year. The only explanation he could offer was that someone had to be left out to make room for the new additions. He wasn't bitter about, but was very disappointed, because he too has enjoyed the weekend many times. Let's hope they'll be back in the parade and show next year.

I think they were there in 2008.

I believe the last time they were there was '06...but I could be wrong. In any case, I think "local" corps like the Muchachos, Marksmen and CT Alumni should be included over those from further away (taking NOTHING away from the other corps), there are also a number of very capable mini corps in the area (Mass Brass, Amoskeag Sound and I'm sure I'm missing some).

I believe the last time they were there was '06...but I could be wrong. In any case, I think "local" corps like the Muchachos, Marksmen and CT Alumni should be included over those from further away (taking NOTHING away from the other corps), there are also a number of very capable mini corps in the area (Mass Brass, Amoskeag Sound and I'm sure I'm missing some).

Well , all of the corps you just named will have a chance to show their stuff in March. The St. Kevin Emerald Knights is running a "Buglers Hall of Fame " Regional Championship Show in Boston . March 20 ,2010 ,Florian Hall ,Dorchester ,Ma. So all of You Mini Corps & individual players , bring it on ! this is going to be BIG,BIG,BIG so get in early .

All the Best,

Mike D.

The corps in the Plymouth parade and show are there by invitation. They have a limited number of slots for the concert. If you have suggestions for changes, inclusions, etc., the best thing to do would be to try to contact the parade and concert organizers via their website: http://www.usathanksgiving.com/

We have been fortunate to have been invited every year. The people of Plymouth are wonderful to perform for, and we look forward to another great weekend next month. If you can make it to Plymouth, you will never be disappointed, as every corps gives its all to entertain the audience.

If you were answering my post, I understand how Plymouth works. I've done the show at least half a dozen times with different groups. I was simply pointing out a significant difference between the events the previous poster listed. Plymouth is a great take to both perform and to watch. I recommend everyone try to make it down there if possible.