Hypothetically, if I were to march this year...

What would I be expecting in terms of dues? Pioneer in particular, but I'd like some good benchmarks all around if possible. I'm just trying to crunch some numbers here. I'm just not sure it'll be financially feasible for me until I get into college for a year. Even a Greyhound to Milwaukee is $100 and a flight is $150. I have a job, but I'm also paying for a $500 spring trip with the band and $1000 for car insurance. I'm saving as much as I can.

And just an FYI, it'd be next year for me.

Edited by OdeToArsenal47

Id guess the range goes from 1500-3000, with most being in that 2000-2500 range.

Edited by alarson83

What would I be expecting in terms of dues? Pioneer in particular, but I'd like some good benchmarks all around if possible. I'm just trying to crunch some numbers here. I'm just not sure it'll be financially feasible for me until I get into college for a year. Even a Greyhound to Milwaukee is $100 and a flight is $150. I have a job, but I'm also paying for a $500 spring trip with the band and $1000 for car insurance. I'm saving as much as I can.

And just an FYI, it'd be next year for me.

Pioneer's dues were around $1800 last season for new members, plus travel expenses and expenses on tour, and I would assume they would remain around that amount for 2010. There are also several different ways to reduce the dues amount. As far as travel to and from Milwaukee, where do you live abouts? You could possibly take the Megabus to MKE and back, that's what I did last season. Not to mention, the corps offers free transportation from Mitchell Int'l in Milwaukee, and O'Hare Int'l in Chicago.

Edited by scsudrummer

I budgeted for about $5000 this year to cover travel (plane tickets to every camp :satisfied: ) and tuition (including camp fees). I've marched for two years (this will be my third), and $5000 is a very reasonable estimate to march in a World Class corps if you have to travel to camps.

Edited by mellodcd

Sell your car, move to Milwaukee, and go to school there...

4-Year Colleges and Universities

Alverno College

Bryant and Stratton College-Milwaukee

Cardinal Stritch University

DeVry University-Wisconsin

Marquette University

Medical College of Wisconsin

Milwaukee Institute of Art Design

Milwaukee School of Engineering

Montessori Institute of Milwaukee

Mount Mary College

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee