Madison Scouts Audition Process & Tuition

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Chris answers the question like 3 or 4 pages ago, why is this dicussion still going on?

So, Chris answers the question like 3 or 4 pages ago, why is this dicussion still going on?

Its the same reaction and reason people discuss things after an address by the president of the US...his answer did not satisfy everybody. I respect the director of any corps, but just because they 'weigh in' on a particular thread, doesnt mean that all discussion is killed. Good lord, can you imagine this in a politcal forum debate on health care ... "Well, obama says its good, so why dont we just stop talking about it"

Yeah, but that "gender reassignment" operation to get her into a Scouts audition will probably blow that budget right out of the water. :laughing:

I was talking drum corps in general. Or, just for you, I was talking about drum corp in general. ;)

Its the same reaction and reason people discuss things after an address by the president of the US...his answer did not satisfy everybody. I respect the director of any corps, but just because they 'weigh in' on a particular thread, doesnt mean that all discussion is killed. Good lord, can you imagine this in a politcal forum debate on health care ... "Well, obama says its good, so why dont we just stop talking about it"

Ha. Or to keep it appropriate to our forum:

"Mr. Hopkins explained the show concept and why Cadets are doing what they are doing. Can we close/end any discussions regarding their decision making process? Thanks"

:laughing:

as a non-drummer....I liked SCV 2004 and wierdly...I liked 2009 SCV. First time in that show I got really engaged...way to go bass drums waking me up. That's really the moment that show started to get special.

Ugh....

Reply to 'favorite percussion feature thread?' :laughing:

Either way, I agree & especially like the 2004 SCV show (and percussion feature): I think that was truly that last great SCV percussion section.

Ha. Or to keep it appropriate to our forum:

"Mr. Hopkins explained the show concept and why Cadets are doing what they are doing. Can we close/end any discussions regarding their decision making process? Thanks"

Yeah...pretty much. I try to limit my cadets posts to 1000 per year though, so I couldnt say that. (ok not really)

not really controversy...just us Monday morning types attempting to tweak the idea.

My thought is $80 plus the effort of creating it....should be worth at minimal...

1. 2 instructors reviewing the audition (one for playing one for marching?)

2. Analysis from each instructor. Difficiencies, etc.

3. Status. Where do I stand?

4. Suggested sources for improvement.

This should be regardless of whether I am invited to the December camp or not.

If this occurs, it might be worth a kid's $80.

If it's just a rejection form letter...then it would be a tougher decision. I might spend $80 on auditioning with another corps if I wanted to do drum corps so badly. There were higher placing corps last year with regional locations across the country where I would have a choice of a live audition. I might take that option instead or in addition to the Scouts video audition.

So, there's one advantage...I can audition for the Scouts and regardless...go in person to a Novemebr audition camp of a corps who placed higher than the Scouts.

I think they should also include boxes of the food they are serving at the camp, so that those that get the rejection letter get the same value for their money as those invited to the camp.