Mystikal Staff Resigns

After much deliberation and attempts to resolve the unfortunate issues with the Executive Director, Corps Director Chris Magonigal and his entire 2009 staff have resigned from the Mystikal organization.

"What we were able to do with the students last season was an amazing accomplishment based on the circumstances. I wish Rob and his organization the best of luck in the future and hope they can turn that thing around. I hope they do the right things and make the right decisions in the coming months. I would also like to thank everyone in California for the unbelievable effort to make our season a success in the face of very turbulent circumstances!" - Chris Magonigal

The former staff members will be working diligently on creating a new Drum Corps to serve the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and have already began the process. Look for some exciting announcments in the coming weeks.

All future contact with the Mystikal organization can be sent to rlowery@mystikalyoutharts.org

or by calling 562.335.2513

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that and a good move on your part. Does anyone know if this man plans on paying his past staff? would be nice if he plans on having any kind of staff for the future. My question is this one, WHY is this man allowed by dci to continue to treat people especially the members this way? Do not quote me, but he serves on some kind of board for them right?

Chris, wishing you and your staff much success.

Ok I will take a wild stab at the underlying story.....

Director hired a "staff" from Tx lead by this guy Chris. Chris brings kids and staff and then is upset when he can not get what he wants from the organization. He bails, takes kids and staff and blames the guy who brought him into the corps. Blame is placed on the director solely and a small corps with limited resources is left high n dry by "professionals" who were unpaid and underappreciated ......

That's usually how the story goes

Sorry to hear that and a good move on your part. Does anyone know if this man plans on paying his past staff? would be nice if he plans on having any kind of staff for the future. My question is this one, WHY is this man allowed by dci to continue to treat people especially the members this way? Do not quote me, but he serves on some kind of board for them right?

Director hired a "staff" from Tx lead by this guy Chris. Chris brings kids and staff and then is upset when he can not get what he wants from the organization. He bails, takes kids and staff and blames the guy who brought him into the corps. Blame is placed on the director solely and a small corps with limited resources is left high n dry by "professionals" who were unpaid and underappreciated ......

While it certainly wouldn't be the first time, that may or may not be the case here. I would just caution folks about making wild accusations and jumping to conclusions. After having been on both sides of these types of situations, trust me... nothing good will come of it. There are always two sides to every story and DCP is certainly not the place to air one's dirty laundry. All it does is serve to bring out the trolls.

You might upset some people by saying this, but sadly you are VERY right. It happens much more then it should.

I agree that is an easy way to see this matter and generally how the story goes. This post would not have been issued except for the insane amount of negative communication that is coming our way in regards to the past of this organization. (Examples would be the reply by 3rd&10) This announcement has gone to several entities in order to direct future communication to the proper party and allow those involved the public announcement that they were not at fault. I see no need to mix words about a post like this as you are not in anyway involved, which is evident by your "wild stab". I can assure you we did everything we could to remain with this organization and prepare it for future success. At the end of the day it is all about the members and this is not a healthy environment for us to bring members (from anywhere) in to.

Chris Magonigal

I agree that is an easy way to see this matter and generally how the story goes. This post would not have been issued except for the insane amount of negative communication that is coming our way in regards to the past of this organization. (Examples would be the reply by 3rd&10) This announcement has gone to several entities in order to direct future communication to the proper party and allow those involved the public announcement that they were not at fault. I see no need to mix words about a post like this as you are not in anyway involved, which is evident by your "wild stab". I can assure you we did everything we could to remain with this organization and prepare it for future success. At the end of the day it is all about the members and this is not a healthy environment for us to bring members (from anywhere) in to.

Chris Magonigal

Although a hard decision to make, this activity is about EDUCATION. Not knowing the situation, all I can do is wish best to the organization and everyone involved. :laughing:

hmm... :laughing:

you ask questions about one person many times here,................is it the one man's responcibility to pay staff?, atract members?, work on and encourage fundraising? (whoever he is)..........are there no other board members, staff, etc that are involved,............................

my experience with some folks who want leadership and staff positions in corps is that they don't want to do the hard work that committed staff people need to do, besides just writing and teaching,...................may, or may not be the case here,................just saying,................