Mystikal Staff Resigns

:thumbup:

Now people, could we not bash one another and stay with the issue at hand?

It would not be at all helpful to this situation if we get on an open forum feeling like a drum corps god and throw "wild stabs" and accusations at one another. As the people asking questions, we should instead be asking-

What's being done to replace said staff members leaving to secure Mystikal's return for the 2010 season?

How do the these staff members plan going about setting up a new corps?

And as always, please don't pee in the punchbowl. :lookaround:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure pimpin' isn't easy

I was on the percussion staff with Mystikal when they first started (from 04 - 06)

I'm not going to comment on anything relating to either part of this story but Im gonna say how cool it is to see "pimpin' ain't easy" in what is supposed to be a serious thread :lookaround:

my response wasn't to the OP, but to the genius who thinks pimpin' is easy. it ain't. let the OP go off and start a corps - win or fail... meh. i'm over admin glorifying their hard work. bills, calls, volunteers, sick penguins, pshh! i don't care.

You know what they say about opinions, right? They are just like another part of the body, and everyone has one :lookaround:

I love this place..........

Mike

Spartans '87

The Foundation year

(and hopefully my son marches the Come-Back Year!)

What I found most interesting is that the OP found it necessary to come onto DCP and make a post airing their dirty laundry in what comes across to me as a veiled attempt to tarnish the reputation of the founder and executive director of Mystikal and completely destroy any future for the corps.

I think the same announcement could have been accomplished without adding in all the negativity towards the executive director. Hopefully this will not be the manner in which they approach recruiting former members of Mystikal.

I also find it interesting that, since this has turned into a bit of a bashing of a corps and their staff that DCP mods have not locked or made this thread disappear. Isn't that what usually happens when a thread turns into a bash session?

Building a corps isn't easy work at all.

it is a very long hard and tedious process. Ask me i should know. i tried and i failed. miserably.

but situations get misconstrued and people go flying off and posting irrational thoughts and it hurts. whether your involved or not.

I don't know anyone on Educational Staff at Mystikal or in Administration positions.

I feel sorry for the airing of laundry that has happened. it is sad to see that 2 corps aren't coming back in 2010.

Based on research that has been done and with seeing people say that new corps are coming for open class. i dont think open class should falter.

the way i look at it is there is going to be 1 or 2 new corps to hit open class this year. 2 corps that wont be in open class for 2010. one corps possibly moving up so that leaves 21 open class corps.

if you add the possibilities of the 2 new corps that will hit open this year plus the 2 or 3 that might come next year open class is thriving. i dont see open class faltering any time soon. people are starting to see open class as a good thing for DCI and open class is getting more chances to become better marketed and hopefully it will pay off and by 2015 we will see a stronger force of open class. i say there will be close to 30 corps in open and about 27 in world class.

This topic is totally inappropriate. Either fold the corps or move forward. Don't invite speculation by "airing dirty laundry", it never has a positive result.

Edited by Goldsmith1210

No one ever said the corps was folding. The announcement was that the staff resigned. There has been no official word from the corps thus far.

No one ever said the corps was folding. The announcement was that the staff resigned. There has been no official word from the corps thus far.

That's the whole point. Make an official announcement on the corps website. Don't do this.