2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

Haha! Fun times....

1) Cadets -They achieve the balance between ridiculous drill and cleanliness. Balls to the wall Hornline brings the house down

2) BD -It would be a poor decision to let them stray too far from first.

3) SCV -Will be nothing short of impressive.

4) Phantom Reg -Whoops. Messed up a lil last yr, but they'll be back.

5) Cavaliers -Would've placed 4th, but they get docked for not having a Horn book this year.

6) BAC -"What? Where'd they come from?"

7) Crown -Had a nice streak, but they'll develop a sub-par show this year. Their brass will place 5th, but GE and vis will be down.

8) Glassmen -They already have solid fundamentals. All they need is a solid show design and they'll be here

9) Bluecoats -I'm calling this as my upset of 2010. They'll beat G-men in brass and possibly BAC, but I fear for their visual program. GE will definitely be the decisive factor on whether they beat out the Glassmen.

10) Blue Stars - Nice gap between Stars and Coats.

11) Blue Knights - Nothing really innovative, nothing really different. More of the same.

12) Madison -This most coveted 12th place spot will be a battle and I feel like Madison has what it takes to claim this spot.

Predictions/Thoughts

--Crown and Cavies will merge to create an untouchable super corps.

--Troopers wont do so hot this year. Still gunna field a very entertaining show.

--Cadets will hold most of the season, only to be beat by SCV at Allentown. Very close Top 3 until the very end.

--BAC will consistently place over Crown.

--Bloo will max out in July and the staff will be very resilient to make crucial re-writes happen.

--Wondering why the Economy's been so bad? WELL, turns out OPEC is willing to make a sizable contribution to Nintendo and DCI!! This year, Finals will be hosted by Nintendo and will physically happen ON the Final Destination level of Super Smash Brothers, with the fans watching from the Jumbotrons at Indy. :tongue:

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off topic but...

OMG I am watching a show on astronomy! And they are showing the Blue Devils on the field. They said that as the band performs a cohesive drill, the single performer can not see the entire drill around them, but can only guess the layout of the people around were doing to the left and right of them during the drill. This was to explain the way we guess at the shape of the stars laid out in the universe!!!!!

Cool.

Edited by Cop

off topic but...

OMG I am watching a show on astronomy! And they are showing the Blue Devils on the field. They said that as the band performs a cohesive drill, the single performer can not see the entire drill around them, but only can only guess the layout of the people around were doing to the left and right of them during drill. This was to explain the way we guess at the shape of the stars laid out in the universe!!!!!

Cool.

Well of course they have the Blue Devils on an astronomy show - they perfect their performances on Mars! :tongue:

1. Blue Devils - Why change what seems to work?

2. Cadets - A more cohesive percussion section early on will vault the corps up in the early season rankings. This will build great momentum.

3. Cavaliers - Really buckling down and getting to work designing a show that will appeal to the audience.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard - Just need to add more GE and viola!

5. Phantom Regiment - Just need to design a likable and they're back.

6. Bluecoats - Just need to improve on their lagging sections.

7. Carolina Crown - A high-scoring show, yet just not up to the higher standards set the previous years.

8. Madison - A staff that knows how to get things done

9. Blue Stars - Quickly learning from their mistakes and successes.

10. Boston Crusaders - Not making any changes to improve can only lead to a decline.

11. Colts - On the right track, they know where they need to improve.

12. Blue Knights - Same as Boston.

Some more predictions...

DCI will improve the overall experience for the fans at Finals. However, too much will still be less than desired for many fans. DCI will experience a further drop in overall finals week attendance. Probably below 15,000 for finals night.

LOS will be the cuprit. Also, the economy will keep some fans away.

DCI will lose at least one WC corps between 2010 and 2011 (after the 2010 season) due to debt and economic hardship.

I cannot believe everybody thinks Cavaliers are going to sink this year. I actually believe they will be in the top 3 again. Yes, they had some staff changes, but their drumline should be just as strong or stronger than 09. Their brass will surprise us all. Remember, they have the same brass arranger, visual staff, visual designer, and I believe the same guard staff (for the most part). I've already talked to a few members from 09 who are exciting about returning. The other major change is Adolf DeGrauwe becoming corps director. Adolph was director for many years before and had a big hand in helping the corps improve to championship status.

BTW, I also believe Madison will make top 12, but not above 9 for this upcoming year.

Just my 2cents worth.

1. Santa Clara Vanguard- Finally regain championship

2. Carolina Crown- So close..

3. Cadets - Some will like the show... others will complain about George Hopkins.

4. Blue Devils - Who knows.. but it could happen.

5. Cavaliers- What's new Cavaliers..whooaa whoa whooaaa?

6. Phantom Regiment - Maybe there is another reason they end up here?

7. Bluecoats - Need the season to end in July for higher placement. Good show though.

8. Boston Crusaders- C'mon, it's Boston; they've got to be in the top 12.

9. Glassmen - Good corps. ( SPACE FOR RENT )

10. Blue Stars - Continuing to build...Div. 3 corps a few years back to now...awesome!

11. Blue Knights - Will do enough to get here and be entertaining.

12. Colts - They make a late season push that results in return to finals.

13. Troopers- They will compete hard all season but the 12th spot will be a tough battle.

14. Madison- Their staff will draw some talent and they will prove to be a crowd favorite all season.

15. Teal Sound- *if they move to World Class* will prove their merit at this level.

Please keep in mind I have no idea what I am talking about.

Edited by wbargeron

The other major change is Adolf DeGrauwe becoming corps director. Adolph was director for many years before and had a big hand in helping the corps improve to championship status.

snipped. From some of the people I've talked to...this is exactly why some may have predicted a fall in placement.

again, just my 2 cents.

1. Vanguard- Momentum and even more power to go with the beauty

2. Crown-More of the same, Solid difficult, strange GE, horns solid but guard is out of the top 5

3. Cadets-Will be wonderful

4. Blue Devils-More of the same and we scratch our heads as to who? What? Why? but clean!

5 Cavies- Pull it together and please the crowd

6. Bluecoats- Improve on a fantastic program and step it up from 2009

7. Phantom- huge leap in visual will move them to 7th

8. Blue Stars- solid all around and a top 5 colorguard

9. Madison Scouts- A winning staff and jaws drop

10. Boston- same show different music, but we love em

11. Blue Knights- Make huge strides

12. Glassmen-Very good corps in all captions

13. Colts

14. Academy

15. Troopers

16. Madarins

off topic but...

OMG I am watching a show on astronomy! And they are showing the Blue Devils on the field. They said that as the band performs a cohesive drill, the single performer can not see the entire drill around them, but can only guess the layout of the people around were doing to the left and right of them during the drill. This was to explain the way we guess at the shape of the stars laid out in the universe!!!!!

Cool.

Which show was this?