2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

In todays DCI talent has very little to do with placement.

Yes you do need some talent and an experienced marcher. BUT show design takes priority over talent.

DID PHANTOM HAVE TALENT last season ? yes .

MORE THAN BLUE STARS ? BOSTON ?

Remember this was the DCI champ . had a very large turnout at auditions.

DID Troopers and have more talent than MADISON , CROSSMEN , ACADEMY , Spirit ? probably NOT.

but they had a much better design.

With all the talent CADETS had last season the drill was STILL too hard.

Some shows are over written , some badly staged. , some make sense only to the designers.

some are choppy , some are boring but score well , some are exciting but are dirty.

Its not what you do its HOW YOU DO IT.

top 6 corps usually get a older group by a year

you can get 1500 students try out . you can still only perform with 150.

would a 10 person swing from Cavies to Phantom make a difference ?

would a 15 person swing from Blue Stars to Madison make a difference ?

Probably not.

Haha....i actually agree that design may be slightly more important than talent, but this is madison we're talking about here. I think people are assuming that at the very least, with those names on staff, theie show design will be better than last year, if not just flat out great. Anyway, of the 3 years I marched, the year we won we may have had the best show, but no doubt we had the best talent as well.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha....i actually agree that design may be slightly more important than talent, but this is madison we're talking about here. I think people are assuming that at the very least, with those names on staff, theie show design will be better than last year, if not just flat out great. Anyway, of the 3 years I marched, the year we won we may have had the best show, but no doubt we had the best talent as well.

How can you tell how much talent a corps really has ???

tell us ?

YOU CAN'T.

I'll bite... not a whole lot of information out there yet, but I'll go with what we know.

1. Academy - Going to be hard to beat them this year IMO, something's just telling me

2. Blue Devils - Step down, but still on Disc 1

3. Blue Knights - 2-5 is going to be close, let me tell you

4. Blue Stars - Love their show designs lately, this year will be even better

5. Bluecoats - Just missing something... maybe a space?

6. Boston - Keep rising

7. Carolina Crown - A step down from last year, but not their fault... vaulted over by a lot of more deserving corps

8. Cascades - Optimistic, yes, but I have a feeling

9. Cavaliers - Staff needs a few years to get into it

10. Colts - Always love their brass book, I think they have what it takes this year

11. Crossmen - Big gap after this

12. Glassmen - I actually had them in 11th at first (seems to be a consistent trend), but forgot someone and couldn't move anyone down

13. Jersey Surf - Love the direction this corps is taking, but not quite yet

14. Madison Scouts - New Staff will do great things, just not yet

15. Mandarins - Never really sure why they don't get the love I think they should

16. Pacific Crest - Asphalt Cocktail is a good choice for them, but not this year

17. Phantom - They just keep dropping unfortunately

18. Pioneer - I guess the judges just really don't like Irish music...

19. Santa Clara Vanguard - Ballet for Martha was great, just not sure they can follow it up

20. Spirit of Atlanta - The name switch will help, just not sure it's the "right" switch

21. Teal Sound - Welcome to World Class!

22. Troopers - Love their energy, but yeah...

23. Zadets - Homage to George Zingali just doesn't pay off

This is fun!

Edited by Patriot

20. Spirit of Atlanta - The name switch will help, just not sure it's the "right" switch

Maybe a better switch would be to "Atlanta Spirit." According to your philosophy, they would finish #2. Not bad!

I hope my beloved BAC becomes "A Crusader Corps of Boston."

I'll bite... not a whole lot of information out there yet, but I'll go with what we know.

1. Academy - Going to be hard to beat them this year IMO, something's just telling me

2. Blue Devils - Step down, but still on Disc 1

3. Blue Knights - 2-5 is going to be close, let me tell you

4. Blue Stars - Love their show designs lately, this year will be even better

5. Bluecoats - Just missing something... maybe a space?

6. Boston - Keep rising

7. Carolina Crown - A step down from last year, but not their fault... vaulted over by a lot of more deserving corps

8. Cascades - Optimistic, yes, but I have a feeling

9. Cavaliers - Staff needs a few years to get into it

10. Colts - Always love their brass book, I think they have what it takes this year

11. Crossmen - Big gap after this

12. Glassmen - I actually had them in 11th at first (seems to be a consistent trend), but forgot someone and couldn't move anyone down

13. Jersey Surf - Love the direction this corps is taking, but not quite yet

14. Madison Scouts - New Staff will do great things, just not yet

15. Mandarins - Never really sure why they don't get the love I think they should

16. Pacific Crest - Asphalt Cocktail is a good choice for them, but not this year

17. Phantom - They just keep dropping unfortunately

18. Pioneer - I guess the judges just really don't like Irish music...

19. Santa Clara Vanguard - Ballet for Martha was great, just not sure they can follow it up

21. Teal Sound - Welcome to World Class!

22. Troopers - Love their energy, but yeah...

23. Zadets - Homage to George Zingali just doesn't pay off

This is fun!

An alphabet based prediction.

Maybe a better switch would be to "Atlanta Spirit." According to your philosophy, they would finish #2. Not bad!

Great! Now you've figured out the secret. Now Hop is going to read this and change his corps' name to the Aardvarks of Bergen County (ABC for short) and screw everything up. Thanks a lot! :withstupid:

Edited by Patriot

Unfortunately, that puts them in 2nd, but puts the BD in 3rd, so it all averages out.

And then I will strap on a snare drum and call my self "The Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass" and sweep all captions.