The history of the Westshoremen

On a different topic than booze (perhaps!!!):

So.... Adam Burdett and I decided at the last Westshoremen Alumni rehearsal that we would wear wacky shirts to the next practice, this Sunday the 26th. But it will be "spring training" for us....meaning we won't be trotting out the heavy artillery until, say, DCA prelims.

I'm thinking, maybe a little off-the-shoulder number for Sunday. b**bs :spit:

If any of you other Westshore Alumni corps people want to join us Sunday, feel free. B)

Fran

I wanted to bring my camera along to get some photos, but shoot, I can't afford to replace it! :sshh:

OMG, thank you Jeff as I hardly have time to look at all these articles. Will print this one out for my family. And Nanci will get a big Thank You also. Dang, Benny hardly changed.

For those of you wondering, I rode to practice in the equipment truck (NOT this one) for almost my whole time in the corps. First was Bennys pickup truck then we got that Gad awful refridgerated truck that had less room than it appeared. Because it was insulated the cargo walls were real think which took up a lot of space.

That puppy was bullet proof!!!

OMG, thank you Jeff as I hardly have time to look at all these articles. Will print this one out for my family. And Nanci will get a big Thank You also. Dang, Benny hardly changed.

For those of you wondering, I rode to practice in the equipment truck (NOT this one) for almost my whole time in the corps. First was Bennys pickup truck then we got that Gad awful refridgerated truck that had less room than it appeared. Because it was insulated the cargo walls were real think which took up a lot of space.

Also only had only one seat which was for the driver. For a "seat" Benny threw in an old metal trunk that Paul and I sat on wherever we went. Still can't believe we never got pulled over by a cop in all the years we rode in that beast. That and the thermometer for the refridgerated part of the truck was rusted solid. :blush: Couldn't even read that bas-tich.....

Heh, and my mom thought riding with Benny was a better experience for a teenager than driving myself. :P Still everytime I drive by Wolfs Diner in Dillsburg I think of Benny as he refused to go to a fast food joint. We must have eaten in every greasy spoon up and down Rt 15.

Oh crud, I've got practice in Hanover tomorrow. Hellooooo Wolfs Diner. Helloooo Benny flashbacks.

On a different topic than booze (perhaps!!!):

So.... Adam Burdett and I decided at the last Westshoremen Alumni rehearsal that we would wear wacky shirts to the next practice, this Sunday the 26th. But it will be "spring training" for us....meaning we won't be trotting out the heavy artillery until, say, DCA prelims.

I'm thinking, maybe a little off-the-shoulder number for Sunday. b**bs :spit:

If any of you other Westshore Alumni corps people want to join us Sunday, feel free. B)

Fran

Hmm...

Maybe an appearance by King Kamanawanalea?!

B)

That puppy was bullet proof!!!

and firecracker proof as they found out one night in Rochester

Hmm...

Maybe an appearance by King Kamanawanalea?!

B)

what about King Comeoniwannaeatya?

:P Gene, the inside joke is that I marched with Jeffs dad during his "Farewell Tour" and have known Jeff since before he hit puberty. IOW - When I could still look Jeff in the eye (I'm 5' 6"). In fact I was introduced to Jeffs wife with the words "This is Jim, he marched with Wally". :wub:

Only T Birds I have met are Gary M and another guy I talked to at the Italian Fest at Scranton and totally forget his name. Hope to meet more T Birds at the show or where ever. I'm on the corps mailing list so I'll have dig up the schedule that was just sent. Hopefully some PMs closer to the time.

Just re-read this post. I may have replied before OR maybe I had a Labatt's moment and forgot. Really looking forward to" Serenade In Brass" and putting faces with names. The wife (affectionatly known as "WMOM") will be doing video of the TBIRDS ONLY (yes we know the restrictions before anybody questions it) Look for her in seat sec. 305 level A seat three.(pretty much centered for full view)

She'll be the one with the video camera looking really ###ed off should you happen to walk in front of her during our show b**bs (she's really a good sport though.....)

NOTE: Our video opener is her archived creation

Edited by melligene

Just re-read this post. I may have replied before OR maybe I had a Labatt's moment and forgot. Really looking forward to" Serenade In Brass" and putting faces with names. The wife (affectionatly known as "WMOM") will be doing video of the TBIRDS ONLY (yes we know the restrictions before anybody questions it) Look for her in seat sec. 305 level A seat three.(pretty much centered for full view)

She'll be the one with the video camera looking really ###ed off should you happen to walk in front of her during our show b**bs (she's really a good sport though.....)

NOTE: Our video opener is her archived creation

...OOOOPS!!! Just realized I posted this in the wrong place. "Shore" please forgive an old timer. BEERs on me........ :wub:

...OOOOPS!!! Just realized I posted this in the wrong place. "Shore" please forgive an old timer. BEERs on me........ :ph34r:

We will be looking for you at the Crown :wub: