The history of the Westshoremen

D'oh bad me that was Mr. "Tribute to the Bridgemen with Knife and (ahem) Weiner" Rick...

OK, which bus driver "accidently" dumped the "blue water" from the bus craper leaving a show? And after having an argument with a cop? approx 1980/1981

Either Scranton show 1979 or Reading clap show 1984 (dang the years run together). Trying to leave the parking lot before the show was over (forget why) and buses couldn't make corners due to parked cars. Bunch of corps members ran out to pick up the back end of a couple of cars and slide 'em over to make room. Would have loved to seen the owners faces when they came out. "Why the #### is my car at an angle??" :lol:

Do you show all the signature stuff at the bottom? I have 275 also.

And I think this (apology for offending) is the first one in 2700+ posts.

no i have it set up to see more posts per page

no need to start a new thread unless DCP management asks us to.

as for George, he continued to drive for the corps until Jerry Mace ####ed up the relationship with Wolf in 95.

in fact, in 9th grade, george drove Camp Hill HS band to Toronto. When we pulled in to load up, i looked over, saw George and announced to the drumline we had to ride George's bus. he's talking to a driver, sees me coming and stops us all.

he then announces there will be no coolers in the aisles, no peeing out the bus door while the bus is moving, and if i taught any of the drumline any songs, i was out on my ###.

the line was stunned til they realized George was trying to mess with me. In fact, George ended up getting us in trouble as we played poker with him til 2 am one night

Hello and Happy Holidays!--

Are there any plans for the Westshoremen to return?

Probably the funniest memory I have, as a fan, of Westshore is Jeff Wilt (lead soprano/soloist 1985) fainting or otherwise passing out every week in a row, for something like 8 straight weeks of ICA competition, upon reaching the goal line at the end of the show, after having turned red--then purple while playing. The only weekend he didn't collapse was a show it rained during Westshore's performance. I wasn't quite sure if it was "added GE" or for real--you could almost set your watch by it. Seriously though, few played as well at his young age then.

John

Edited by John Mock

Wilt was good at passing out..he did it well intot he 90's. he proved when he passedout he wasnt as full of hot air as we thought :P

and as of now, no, no plans to get Shore back out there, tho i keep playing powerball

WTF! I keep getting bad Gatewa errors trying to respond to Rick (and I mean Rick this time).

"That was Jeff too"

Yeah, I meant to type in Raudabaugh and STILL typed in Rick. :lol: Guess I was laughing too hard as I saw the act at the Mechanicsburg show after I left (80 or 81?) and was picturing it in my mind. Also laughing as it was the first time Rick Colletti saw it and his face turned as red as his hair.

Back in the 70s my mom went with my sisters Scout troop on a bus trip. She walked in the bus and it was Mel driving. She asked Mel if this would be more quiet than driving a bunch of Westshoremen around and Mels eyebrows went up then he laughed.

Little did Mel know that the mid 70s group WAS as quiet as a bunch of Brownies compared to later years. ^0^

See you guys got to see all that stuff on bus one...we were usually passed out or in a drunken stupor (who us :laugh: ) so we missed some of that!

BoomBoom was on bus one, I rode bus 3, the ogre bus. Hey Jim, as far as the blue water incident, I plead the 5th. :P

i remember Jeff's face when he found out his little sister was my bus buddy in 1989.

that was the first time i ever saw him pray that didn't involve a hangover :P

saw this guy Eldon at Target last night...marched shore...then said marched sky now that shore gone...said hello to all-JEFF-and that he'll see you at alumni rehearsal