The history of the Westshoremen

Dear Lord....I can see it now, I will rent a bubble machine...I like the shirt idea...we can have Fran be the gong soloist !!! Ya know, too bad we dont put together something really ridiculous ! Do you know how much fun we would have???

Jeff, you how you doing?

I'm doing well. The kidneys have fully recovered. The heart has some scarring (permanent damage) but the pumping function was at 60 percent on my last Echo cardiogram which is average. When I left the hospital, I could only walk about fifty to seventy five yards before I had to sit down (which is all I ever had to march back in the day anyway :worthy: ). Two days ago, I walked two miles in about forty five minutes. Not exactly ready to sign up for a 10K but I'll take it for now. As for playing my horn, that has been kind of heartbreaking. I've played a little bit, but I have no stamina and no upper register back yet. I will get there though....or die with a horn in my hand while trying!!! It's who I am and it's what I do...I will be on the Forum stage again next year!

I would also like to note one other thing. People have been kind of joking about the mini corps (cork) thing.....but think about it. The circuit is quickly gaining credibility and some of the groups were extremely good. I've been giving some serious thought to getting one started. I've already talked to a few people privately and there is some real interest. I pastor three churches right down the road here in York, so we have all the free practice facility we could want. (Imagine, the Westshoremen practicing in a church...Drew R. could lead the hymns) The big stumbling block is equipment cost and ....well...I'm already working some magic on that issue with some of my old Bluecoat connections. It's all covert right now (insert mission impossible theme here) but I will keep everybody informed as it comes together.

want. (Imagine, the Westshoremen practicing in a church...Drew R. could lead the hymns)

Oh my. :P

Let us know Jeff, only thing that could keep me away is time conflicts and the ability to learn two shows at the same time. :beer:

Wonder if Empire Statesmen still have their bubble machine from the 1980s. :worthy:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I'm doing well. The kidneys have fully recovered. The heart has some scarring (permanent damage) but the pumping function was at 60 percent on my last Echo cardiogram which is average. When I left the hospital, I could only walk about fifty to seventy five yards before I had to sit down (which is all I ever had to march back in the day anyway :worthy: ). Two days ago, I walked two miles in about forty five minutes. Not exactly ready to sign up for a 10K but I'll take it for now. As for playing my horn, that has been kind of heartbreaking. I've played a little bit, but I have no stamina and no upper register back yet. I will get there though....or die with a horn in my hand while trying!!! It's who I am and it's what I do...I will be on the Forum stage again next year!

I would also like to note one other thing. People have been kind of joking about the mini corps (cork) thing.....but think about it. The circuit is quickly gaining credibility and some of the groups were extremely good. I've been giving some serious thought to getting one started. I've already talked to a few people privately and there is some real interest. I pastor three churches right down the road here in York, so we have all the free practice facility we could want. (Imagine, the Westshoremen practicing in a church...Drew R. could lead the hymns) The big stumbling block is equipment cost and ....well...I'm already working some magic on that issue with some of my old Bluecoat connections. It's all covert right now (insert mission impossible theme here) but I will keep everybody informed as it comes together.

Sounds like potential fun...keep me posted!

yeah, OH YEAH>>. I was hoping someone would really t hink WHY cant we do it? Ya know I think it would be a blast ! I have a contact for some pit equipment and some brass as well...so keep it in mind !!!! Just as long as we aren't TOO serious.

Ben, break out your bongos baby ! Time to practice...I'll dust off my maracas !!!!!

yeah, OH YEAH>>. I was hoping someone would really t hink WHY cant we do it? Ya know I think it would be a blast ! I have a contact for some pit equipment and some brass as well...so keep it in mind !!!! Just as long as we aren't TOO serious.

Ben, break out your bongos baby ! Time to practice...I'll dust off my maracas !!!!!

I'll dust off your maracas! :lol:

I'll dust off your maracas! :lol:

Well, might be fun to watch her start to dust them off, then join in ^0^

:lol: I hear nothing........... B) I see nothing......... nothing.

:lol: I hear nothing........... B) I see nothing......... nothing.

no comment!! B)

no comment!! B)

Please don't interrupt me. I'm busy praying :laugh: for all of my heathen friends ^0^ .

:silly: ........... I mean :devin:

Well, might be fun to watch her start to dust them off, then join in ^0^

Scott! That even offended ME! (great idea though...I'll charge the camcorder battery just in case!) :laugh:

Jeff...remember...Christians are not perfect...just forgiven!

Edited by Jaminbenb