The history of the Westshoremen

D'OH that's what I get for reading when I should be catching ZZZZs. Can't read straight across lines. :blink:

Well at least Jeff was there when I did "part time" corps in 84-85. IOW - parade Euph and doing main guard with Pete and Al.

Woo Hoo, few hours until Crown Royal... err Crown Plaza Mini corps and SIB tonight. :)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Anybody wanna start a mini corps? I call drum set! That looks like fun!

Been thinking that since DCA 2005 when I saw my first Mini Corps contest.

First corps I saw that night wuz da Good ol' Tunder-boids....

I got a 3 valve Bari to play and a 2 valve Bari to loan out. B) Biggest headache is getting the music and making sure all the legal BS set to get the rights to play it. (Had a long talk with one of the Mini corps members Saturday aftenoon.)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Been thinking that since DCA 2005 when I saw my first Mini Corps contest.

First corps I saw that night wuz da Good ol' Tunder-boids....

I got a 3 valve Bari to play and a 2 valve Bari to loan out. B) Biggest headache is getting the music and making sure all the legal BS set to get the rights to play it. (Had a long talk with one of the Mini corps members Saturday aftenoon.)

yeah...everything is so "legal" anymore!

Note to the "Ghost of Jeff" call Uncle Larry and see if he'll "fund" it!

Edited by Jaminbenb

yeah...everything is so "legal" anymore!

1976 I recorded the entire Hershey show from the stands with my handy dandy cheapo Radio Shack (mono) tape recorder. You should see the look of horror I get when I tell that to people today. And I know I wasn't the only one that night. And how manypartial SIB tapes do I have in my cellar (more of Radio Shacks "finest").

Wonder how many small and Alumni type corps don't have a recording 'cause they're afraid of gittin in trouble with John Law. :(

SIGN ME UP...don't know what I'd play though...be nice, be nice...can I hold your music?

ok, I can't play my cymbals cuz they went to California on the truck and I only have a mellophone mouthpiece n no horn and no marimba either....so, so far we've got drums and one bari....wooo hooooooo

1976 I recorded the entire Hershey show from the stands with my handy dandy cheapo Radio Shack (mono) tape recorder. You should see the look of horror I get when I tell that to people today. And I know I wasn't the only one that night. And how manypartial SIB tapes do I have in my cellar (more of Radio Shacks "finest").

Wonder how many small and Alumni type corps don't have a recording 'cause they're afraid of gittin in trouble with John Law. :(

man...I've got tapes in boxes that I have no idea what's on them except I know it's corps stuff! (all cruddy quality mono stuff too!) I think I have a mixed tape someone made that has Westshore from the 78 Hershey show and The Bridgemen from 78 DCI East! not to mention SIB, and other shows! I used to force my parents to tape take pictures and film (8mm) shows!

Some day I'll be able to go through them!

SIGN ME UP...don't know what I'd play though...be nice, be nice...can I hold your music?

ok, I can't play my cymbals cuz they went to California on the truck and I only have a mellophone mouthpiece n no horn and no marimba either....so, so far we've got drums and one bari....wooo hooooooo

I'll let you hold something! :ninja:

Technically we ARE a Mini-Corps!

We can call ourselves the Virtual DCP X-Shoremen!

:angel:

I'll let you hold something! :lookaround:

Technically we ARE a Mini-Corps!

We can call ourselves the Virtual DCP X-Shoremen!

har har har very funny...oh, maybe I should play innocent...oh-what can I hold, your Stick? :angel:

First rehearsal my place for the mini-corps...I will supply the beer and bavarian hotdogs...if we start this month, maybe it will be ready for next April !

We can get Humm to play "pit toys" and Jim get shine up his Bari, maybe we can get Nelson to drag a contra outta his closet and join us...now all we need is a Jeff Wilt to get better and join us too.... cripes, sounds like a WILD bunch

Edited by boomboom

:angel:

har har har very funny...oh, maybe I should play innocent...oh-what can I hold, your Stick? :angel:

First rehearsal my place for the mini-corps...I will supply the beer and bavarian hotdogs...if we start this month, maybe it will be ready for next April !

We can get Humm to play "pit toys" and Jim get shine up his Bari, maybe we can get Nelson to drag a contra outta his closet and join us...now all we need is a Jeff Wilt to get better and join us too.... cripes, sounds like a WILD bunch

All depends on the age of the pit toys as to whether I'll play with them or not. ^0^