The history of the Westshoremen

Well we got the call last night around 1:30 that Kris mom passed away peacefully. Just got done making the arrangements but waiting for the church to call back if the date and time is OK. Everyone is holding up pretty well considering the lack of sleep and nerve endings. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys..

Very sorry for your loss, Jim.

May she rest in peace.

not a good last few weeks/months for the family.

Sorry Jim & Kris! I know what you're going through...same to any of the Schomburg "boys" sliding through here....

(And Thanks Tony!)

Things have been crazy the past few weeks, but I'm slowly getting it back together. Working out details on getting my dad's house in shape to put on the market, and all that. (and with a brother that doesn't more as fast as I do, it's a little bit of a struggle)

I hope we're DONE for a while, if ya know what I mean! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

after 30 years at Carlisle HS, Dave Rohrer has decided to retire.

after 30 years at Carlisle HS, Dave Rohrer has decided to retire.

When I saw him at the Forum last year I asked him when he was retiring....he just smiled...good for him!

He was one of the most FUN band directors I ever worked with!

(yikes....30 years...I was there the first year he started at Carlisle, we did the indoor thing (The Raven Show) ...talk about a struggle to change their "culture")

Where was Dave Roar-or-or-or <$1 to Bruce Bolich> before Carlisle.... Remember him as a corps member in the late 70s and band director early 80s. LOL, I helped at CDs "Band-O-Rama" (whadda name) when sis was there (84 grad). One year I helped with the gate and about every other band had WSM or ex-WSM on staff. I got this "this is serious stuff" lecture from the head of the gate commitee before the show. Then when the show started it was it was "Hey Jim, how are you" backslap, handshacke, etc, etc. Rest of people at the gate got the standard greeting if anything at all. When Carlisle came to the gate, the rest of the gate people might have well walked away with Dave, Larry, who knows else...

Another reason my name was #### with Band boosters.... Well with the exception of the head one of two years, guy by the name of Bill Saltzer.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

East Pennsboro

Yes, Dave did some time at East Penn.

and classy guy he is, at their band banquet last night, while everyone tried to make it about him, he insisted that the evening be about the kids.

You don't find guys that stay at the HS level for that long much anymore. Closest to it locally now is Zirkle atCamp Hill, who came in the day after I graduated in 87.

I mean since I started with Mechanicsburg in 98, they have had 4 guys. CV since Bugosh retired has had...well it's hard to count because some people were in, then out, then back in

East Pennsboro

Thanks and makes sense since Nate Ward was at EP and WSM horn instructor/DM 74-78...