The history of the Westshoremen

I know YEA! has all the shows in this region except the simulcasts and East. I just wish someone else hosted a show out here....

takes $$.

nope. YEA ran several shows in the East.

They hadn't been there, other than finals in 07 since 2001. and the big guns are now all trying to travel more to solidify their G7 stuff

I think DCI is also trying to provide the West Coast fans with something other than the usual lineups (Devils, SCV, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, etc.) early in the season.

I just hope, for the corps' sake, that those "Tournament of Champions" shows nationwide are making money... because man, that is a lot of extra travel for the corps involved.

Then again, no one is holding a gun to those corps' heads to do that tour. It was their decision, their plan.

I just hope, for the corps' sake, that those "Tournament of Champions" shows nationwide are making money... because man, that is a lot of extra travel for the corps involved.

Then again, no one is holding a gun to those corps' heads to do that tour. It was their decision, their plan.

I've noticed no $$ has been mentioned on those

went down to the Gap to my grandmothers grave, then on the way back decided to show Christine the old Linglestown parade route.

scary thing we discovered is we went through at 2:15. Apparently their parade started at 1. No signs of a parade even an hour later.

I'm thinking the old drumline v hornline softball game needs to happen

went down to the Gap to my grandmothers grave, then on the way back decided to show Christine the old Linglestown parade route.

scary thing we discovered is we went through at 2:15. Apparently their parade started at 1. No signs of a parade even an hour later.

I'm thinking the old drumline v hornline softball game needs to happen

Think it's still at 1PM but no idea what is in the parade anymore. Dad used to go down with the antique car to haul a dignitary but one of the local car dealers took that over. Since he doesn't have the car anymore he stays home in the shade. Ran down 19th and Market in Camp Hill at 11AM (9:30 parade) on the way to the Mall and only thing left was traffic cones off to the side waiting to be picked up and a stray Scout or two walking home.

Off this year so didn't go to Hanover for their morning parade and ceremony. Weather report was so bad they broke tradition and went with the summer uni (short, golf shirt, ball cap). They like to go full uni as a sign of respect but personal safety trumped tradition. :worthy:

And Gettysburg started at 1 or 2. Don;t even want to think about those re-enactors in the wool unis in this crap....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Went tot he pathetic (as usual) Mem-day parade up in West Pittston/Exeter... Lot's of baseball/softball/soccer kids marching. One Marine Honor Guard, a bunch of old vehicles, a couple local politicians, everyone's fire apparatus (although a few were MIA) and two bands....one a local group of old guys (Aka "Patchies Band") and Wyoming Area's small, tiny, less than 30 players, band. The highlight of my day was taking my old aunt's to the cemetary to make sure that no one stole the flowers they bought and had placed there..... :blink:

Other things to note this weekend....we've been collecting my father's old magazines for the past bunch of years and Lisa has been putting them out at the hospital (he would read them the day he got them and was done with them) so if you've been to Hershey Med, and the magazines are current...thank Lisa and me....that said, since he's passed away, I've been just getting them when they come in the mail and taking them to her...except for his Legion Magazine, this month... there was a very interesting article on a guy that collects vintage war-related head gear that I skimmed, but wanted to read before "donating"...then as I went through the rest of the magazine, there was a short article on the old Legion Drum Corps competitions...if you see the issue, it's worth a quick read...it was interesting to note that the last Legion Nationals was in Boston in 1980...I remember that show! (and some of the crazieness surrounding that weekend :tongue: ) No mention of the corps, but just cool to read something about the activity....

Started a thread on the AL article Ben on the DCA and DCI Forums and most response were to slam the mistakes. :doh: My dad gave me his copy of the AL Magazine and reminded me that I STILL have articles the Linglestown Post put in their newsletter when we won in 1978. Just bought a new PC as ours is crapping out so will probably post the articles about the time we finish 1982. :devil:

I don't usually wander far out of this section....but I'm sure there are people that will find faults....the history books seem to be pretty vague, so.... Wonder where they got most of their info from???

(I'm also checking to see if Almo Sebastianelli is related to Wayne Sebastianelli (the team doctor for PSU) My wife knows him, and is pretty good friends with one of the guys that works under him in his "Medical Director" capacity....)