The history of the Westshoremen

snip

I DO NOT RECALL ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE B) I DID DONE IN CLIFTON NJ

I PLEAD INSANITY !!!! Gosh, I feel like a swim...

Boom boom indeed! b**bs

how'd I get this screen? See, the excitement of the win in 1982 still makes my crazy :sshh: B) be nice Ben ! God, I can't call you Ben, BE NICE CHUMLEY !!!!!! :huh:

:sumo::sumo:

I remember being on field for retreat and Larry coming onto field..."when the numbers are announced, I DO NOT want you to do ANYTHING I REPEAT ANYTHING but stand here. NO name calling, no stamping feet you WILL stand there CALMLY-GOT IT?" blah blah, I thought...well, we lost again big time.

Boy were we shocked !

I remember Larry walking back through the ranks making that announcement, and like you said, we thought we lost again. Brian Schell, Steve Fillipelli and myself were talking and we just hoped that we at least beat someone, anyone so we did not come in last. When they announced that the caption awards would be awarded after the positions were announced, we thought we were last. Then they started announcing the scores and they did not announce us for last place, we were at least happy with that. But when it got down to Hawthorne in 2nd place and we were the only corps left, the only thing I heard, was Fillipelli saying, "Holy s**t, we won this thing!" That show started one h**l of a rollercoaster ride for us that I still look back on and laugh at some of the stuff that went on that season. Like the condition of the rookie drum major after we lost the first show of the season at Rochester. That's a story for later.

Called Paul Geiger a day later and here's how I found out.

"Welllll, I've give you the positions from last to first." Paul then gives the positions and corps from last to second place veeerrryyyy sloooowly. Then he doesn't say anything.

Few seconds later it hits me "Holy ####, he didn't say Westshoremen yet!!!".

Me: "You're ####### me".

Paul: just gives that laugh

Dad and I were there. he was stunned.

all the way home, all he could say was "I never beat any of them except Bucs when i was in the corps ######!"

I remember Larry walking back through the ranks making that announcement, and like you said, we thought we lost again. Brian Schell, Steve Fillipelli and myself were talking and we just hoped that we at least beat someone, anyone so we did not come in last. When they announced that the caption awards would be awarded after the positions were announced, we thought we were last. Then they started announcing the scores and they did not announce us for last place, we were at least happy with that. But when it got down to Hawthorne in 2nd place and we were the only corps left, the only thing I heard, was Fillipelli saying, "Holy s**t, we won this thing!" That show started one h**l of a rollercoaster ride for us that I still look back on and laugh at some of the stuff that went on that season. Like the condition of the rookie drum major after we lost the first show of the season at Rochester. That's a story for later.

I remember Fid saying that too! We were all like "Get the _____out of here!"

Was it Rochester where we first lost or Verdun? I seem to remember talking to a few guys I knew from Sun and one of them said something like well at least you're still undefeated in the states"

Some things are clear and some things are fuzzy from those years!

All I remember is we didn't start having fun in 83 until we started losing! :P

Was it Rochester where we first lost or Verdun? I seem to remember talking to a few guys I knew from Sun and one of them said something like well at least you're still undefeated in the states"

Oh go do some fire hyrants and run a few laps ! HA

"Psst psst psst" from the middle of the field

from Kitcherman-"knock it the f*ck off tenors ! Go run 2 laps"

Reply from the middle of the field? :sigh::sigh:

Edited by boomboom

Oh go do some fire hyrants and run a few laps ! HA

"Psst psst psst" from the middle of the field

from Kitcherman-"knock it the f*ck tenors ! Go run 2 laps"

Reply from the middle of the field? :sigh::sigh:

Eric: "I don't care if you are sitting on the toilet taking a s*** and a B-52 lands on your nose, I don't want you to MOVE!"

Everyone else: "WTF is he talking about?"

The man was amazing! hahahaha!!!!

Eric: "I don't care if you are sitting on the toilet taking a s*** and a B-52 lands on your nose, I don't want you to MOVE!"

Everyone else: "WTF is he talking about?"

The man was amazing! hahahaha!!!!

:sigh: I forgot about that one ! I just remember standing in the back with Donny and Brian and Donny's coments on top of "your" noises...trying to no p*ss myself from laughing...who wanted him to charge out onto the field and yell? NOT ME

Do you remember at the Clifton show when he read us that poem, The man in the glass?

"Just go to a mirror and look at yourself and see what THAT man has to say" Donny, "that man in my mirror just wants to get a f*cking beer " ahh ha haaaa ahh ha haaaa

Edited by boomboom

It was in Rochester. The rookie major kept a 5th of Southern Comfort in his cooler for the first show we lost. To say he was blitzed when we hit city limits on the way out is an understatement. We had to lock him in the bathroom and and few of us carried him and his belongings off the bus at his house in Selinsgrove at 6 in the morning.