The history of the Westshoremen

Picture091.jpg

hmmmm...found ANOTHER bass drummer....wonder who THAT is...ok whiney pants you're in THIS pix....xox...I think I have more of your wife as well- will look tonight and email. I didnt post it originally as I think it's at beginning of American and you aint playin'...I was too far back..it's alittle grainy (but not bad from stairway into the joint eah?)

any photo of me is a good photo of me, cause I always forget to take my camera.

Thanks for sending in advance, I know the guys will want some on the corps' myspace page

oh sure get basses 2-6 in the pic

send me these, especially the one with my wife in it.

Ben...we do own some equipment now. But the issue isn't equipment...it's desire. if more time ius to be put in, membership shrinks. we even tried a 2nd show a few years ago, and half the corps showed up. this game plan has proven to work, so it's staying this way

That's a crying shame because as good as it gets with 4 practices imagine what it would be if you kept it up all year!

(part time parade corps would work...just market it with beer!)

Edited by Jaminbenb

That's a crying shame because as good as it gets with 4 practices imagine what it would be if you kept it up all year!

Two words Benny, "Parades Suck!"

But the issue isn't equipment...it's desire. if more time is to be put in, membership shrinks.

I hear ya.... a couple of years ago a few folks came up to me and basically asked why Westshore couldn't put a corps on the field, since there were something like 70 horns and a monster drumline on stage at the Forum show.

I told 'em if the announcement were made that the corps was going on the field, or even doing a full-time alumni corps, that hornline would shrink to about five players or so. :blush:

The once-a-year thing is working just fine.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Two words Benny, "Parades Suck!"

Don't be a hater! :blush:

It's not like I'm saying you should do the freaking Barnum Festival! (Jeezis H. Tapdancing K-Rist!)

the problem is the membership has spoken...they like it this way. i'd be ok if a 5th or 6th rehearsal were added, but #### parades. too many years under Dan makes my back say no way

Don't be a hater! :blush:

It's not like I'm saying you should do the freaking Barnum Festival! (Jeezis H. Tapdancing K-Rist!)

that parade sucked even as a staff member

So just how far do you want to go for a parade/standstill corps... :blush::smile:

You can go east on a route you should remember from the mid 1980s..... or you can go south and I can give directions......

<sticking head in trash can for echo effect> "Come to the dark side Ben.... come to the dark side" :blush::tongue:

i dont know if he'd look good in green

Me Parades? NFW! I was talking you guys! :smile:

I'm a friggin spectator now!

I may consider the AF guard! hahaha! :blush::blush::tongue:

RE: Barnum...that was the worst parade I ever marched in! DEAD of freaking summer LONG blue coats (that were made of the same material your favorite HS band was wearing in the WINTER) and LOOOOOOOONG!

The first year I did it with Reading (dont' think I ever did it with WS) I was in the pit, and I was pushing a cart with the water cooler on it...I was wearing street clothes (t-shirt and jeans because I had sunburn on the back of my legs and didn't want to make it worse) About 1/3 of the way through one of the cymbal players took a nose dive, so I got handed the cymbals and had to play. (they stuck me in the middle of the line since I didn't have a uni, and that was where Robbie was...talk about velocity..he was a HARD hitter!)

The second year I was playing toms, and it was just pure H-E double hockey sticks! After that parade, they decided to get polo shirts for any more parades...