The history of the Westshoremen

mmmmmmmThe Ancient! (that would be 85 unless you have a tape of the drumline jamming to the beginning of Changes in 84) heh heh heh...The Ancient was a FUN solo to play! I actually wish I was in the pit that year, I could have had some real FUN! (although the tom parts were fairly wicked!) As a side note...Robbie had a blast teaching them, he picked up a set of drums and sat in with us that day! He was a better tom player than a snare drummer!

Crest did part of The Wall in 82 indoor! (Karn Evil 9, too)

I heard mixed reviews of the Cadet's Tull show this year, how'd it sound?

hmmm. Yes tunes.

now i need to dig out Bucs 84-85.

i didnt see the Cadets, as, well, that whole amps thing. i heard it on CD and i wasn't impressed.

and yes the Ancient kicked ###.

The only time I saw the cadets, was when they did the semi finals at the movie theaters. I was not impressed either.

i heard Sgt Steve was judging up here last night for Chapters. shame i was in Pitt judging i would have loved to see him

Chapters???what's that? (been out TOO long! hahaha!)

The last corps that did any real justice to "rock and roll" was the Devils when they did Paradox by Kansas, and the Emerson, Lake and Palmer show! WOW those were hot!

The Ancient was a killer! Especially because we had to empty those friggin beer kegs before each show because they resonated better empty! :mmm:

i heard Sgt Steve was judging up here last night for Chapters. shame i was in Pitt judging i would have loved to see him

come on Ben you remember Chapters!

i didnt get to see Sgt Steve, tho i heard my team wasn't happy with him. Oh well, i still woulda had a beer w/him

There are days I when I'm sitting at work and I wish I was having a beer with Sgt. Steve!! I miss Sgt. Steve... we all need to get together! (and drink)

come on Ben you remember Chapters!

i didnt get to see Sgt Steve, tho i heard my team wasn't happy with him. Oh well, i still woulda had a beer w/him

i had a beer w/Sgt Steve in Scranton this weekend.

he hasn't changed one ###### bit.

I remember what he was like when I went to the Judges meeting in August, like you said, hasn't changed one bit!

i will admit to one goofy thing at ACC's...

when i got there saturday morning to work the back gate, i went right out to the 28 yard line, side 1, 10 behind the front hash.

while standing there, in my head, i heard Fran's announcement of High Percussion, the Westshoremen!

it was 1995 all over for a second. then the ###### wind kicked up