Is it just me

From my perspective . . .

With the pre pre season hype to get folks interested in marching with a particular corps for 2010 certain corps are portraying a "la familia" image.

Does it not appear that these corps are emulating a corps that everyone takes for granted? This corps is, has, and always will be "the corps."

This "corps" truly fosters a belief, philosophy, tradition, that "team" is not spelled with an "I", producing tomorrow's leaders for the betterment of their community, their region, their nation.

I speak of a corps whose alumni are today's leaders of their local, regional, national communities.

Can you guess the corps?

That's easy.... INT.

Someone was going to say it.

It's just you.

My guess would be Cadets since everyone I ever marched with is a teacher, pta mom, city council member, lawyer, district attorney, business owner or recognized GOD of drum corps and marching band. Whomever you're speaking of has (I'm sure) the same outcome. It's a fact of corps life and what corps produce as a result.

/thread

Any corps, really.

It's all about doing something beyond what you think you are capable of with 140 other people doing the same thing. And then you spend your life chasing that same feeling. Some of us are teachers, some of us are computer programmers, others are stay at home moms or dads, politicians, bus drivers, roofers, you name it. But it's not the vocation that earns you the paycheck that defines your community contribution - it's how you put your talents and treasures to work for a greater good, whether it be a PTA member, a church volunteer, a crisis hotline volunteer, Meals on Wheels driver, or someone who quietly seeks out needy neighbors and secretly leaves them grocery gift cards in their mailbox.

I don't know about others who have a corps background and put a few years behind us, but I feel it is my experience with drum corps that really solidified my sense of "I can do anything as long as I'm willing to work for it" attitude. Drum corps isn't the only place to learn that, but it sure does a good job of teaching it.

With the pre pre season hype to get folks interested in marching with a particular corps for 2010 certain corps are portraying a "la familia" image.

Does it not appear that these corps are emulating a corps that everyone takes for granted? This corps is, has, and always will be "the corps."

This "corps" truly fosters a belief, philosophy, tradition, that "team" is not spelled with an "I", producing tomorrow's leaders for the betterment of their community, their region, their nation.

I speak of a corps whose alumni are today's leaders of their local, regional, national communities.

Can you guess the corps?

Easy... The Most Interesting Corps in the World!!!

:thumbup:

Easy... The Most Interesting Corps in the World!!!

Win.

Can you guess the corps?

The corps you speak of is all drum corps. Not just a single corps. I am the director of St. John's in Brantford Ontario. What you are talking about is part of our mission statement.

in b4 arrogant self promotion/close