Forget Woodwinds: Should DCI allow Garden Hoses?

? Do you like Spike Jones?

A bit before my time, but I've heard "Cocktails for Two". I rather prefer the work of Spike Jonze

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What other unique instruments are waiting to be discovered by drum corps? The hose can't be the only one that the masses have been deprived of hearing thus far.

What other unique instruments are waiting to be discovered by drum corps? The hose can't be the only one that the masses have been deprived of hearing thus far.

I'm planning a follow-up BooWorld on equipment care. You know, those steel maracas you have?

? Do you like Spike Jones?

LOL just bought some DVDs of Spike and the Slickers from very early 50s TV. Spikes funny as ever but the straight singing bits are painful. But live 5 minute long commercials are a hoot. Half of them have bloopers in them.

Have some PDQ on vinyl in the basement, favorite title is "Concerto for Horn and Hardart". In joke is Horn and Hardart was the old automet in NYC where you could buy food from a vending machine. The Professor did that on Carson one night with the Tonight Show Band. Actually upstaged Michael J Fox promoting his latest movie at the end of the show. :blink:

Carson: Thanks to Professor Peter Schickely(sp!) and the man did go to Julliard.

Prof S (with mouth hanging open): Ahhhhh, yeah!!!

Carson: And Michael J.... then Carson just lost it.... :blink::ph34r:

Back on topic: Woodwinds make better kindling than garden hoses....

In case no one else says it: this would have fit right in with "The Grass Is Always Greener".

You're absolutely right. It is, after all, a garden hose, originally meant to water something.

Let's get out the time machine and see how it works. But Crown, if you're reading, I'm willing to come out and teach my hose technique if you wish to add this to your 2010 show.

Let's get out the time machine and see how it works. But Crown, if you're reading, I'm willing to come out and teach my hose technique if you wish to add this to your 2010 show.

That just sounds soooo wrong. Just sayin' ... :ph34r:

Calling all hose techs!

Garden hoses won't be cool now until they make the game "Hose Hero" ... like they have now for "Trumpet Hero" ...

trumpethero.jpg