Just WOW

:thumbup: After seeing the top 22 corps on dvd and the top 12 open, what a year. There were five shows that could have won and I would have been ok with it. There were 16 corps that should have been in finals and that is being strict. What an unreal year for sme of the best shows ever. Every corps can hold their head high, comletely unbelivable year. Thanks again, you actually gave me a reason to like corps even with the rule changes, thanks.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup: After seeing the top 22 corps on dvd and the top 12 open, what a year. There were five shows that could have won and I would have been ok with it. There were 16 corps that should have been in finals and that is being strict. What an unreal year for sme of the best shows ever. Every corps can hold their head high, comletely unbelivable year. Thanks again, you actually gave me a reason to like corps even with the rule changes, thanks.
Edited by Gary Matczak

Amid all the crap we wade through here on DCP this post is the coolest.

Maybe you would have been ok with any one of 5 corps winning it all, but I don't think there were 5 drum corps that could have won, or should have. The Blue Devils were so far past everybody else, and it took so long for Crown's show to get complete and clean enough to come across right to the judges, and Cadets show was just not going to win. They couldn't get that show clean enough visually, and that was pretty much it. Cavaliers absolutely should not have won, and the same goes for Vanguard. Cavies were a dirt sandwich and Vanguard's visual rep. was barely box 5 until it was too late. So while you might be ok with 5 different champs, a lot of other people definitely would not have.

As for 16 corps deserving to be top 12, thats where this thread really gets absurd. Listen, I know that your just appreciating what the kids and the corps put on the field, but I have a hard time thinking that anyone who could not beat the Troopers deserves to be in finals. Troopers show was barely a finalist show itself, and groups like the Colts(band show) and the Academy, were nice, but those aren't finalist quality shows, plain and simple. They weren't finalist quality shows all season long and finals was no different. And I hope that by 16 corps, you are not including Spirit, Madison, or Crossmen. Those are shows that I was embarrassed to watch all season long. These formerly great drum corps finalists stooping to this kind of crap was hard to watch. None of these three shows should have ever been considered finalists.

I know that this is just my opinion, but there were not 5 possible champions, not from day one, not all season long, and not on finals night. And there were definitely only 12 finalist drum corps this year. Thats why they put the rest on another DVD, because they aren't on the same level as the top 12.

Maybe you would have been ok with any one of 5 corps winning it all, but I don't think there were 5 drum corps that could have won, or should have. The Blue Devils were so far past everybody else, and it took so long for Crown's show to get complete and clean enough to come across right to the judges, and Cadets show was just not going to win. They couldn't get that show clean enough visually, and that was pretty much it. Cavaliers absolutely should not have won, and the same goes for Vanguard. Cavies were a dirt sandwich and Vanguard's visual rep. was barely box 5 until it was too late. So while you might be ok with 5 different champs, a lot of other people definitely would not have.

As for 16 corps deserving to be top 12, thats where this thread really gets absurd. Listen, I know that your just appreciating what the kids and the corps put on the field, but I have a hard time thinking that anyone who could not beat the Troopers deserves to be in finals. Troopers show was barely a finalist show itself, and groups like the Colts(band show) and the Academy, were nice, but those aren't finalist quality shows, plain and simple. They weren't finalist quality shows all season long and finals was no different. And I hope that by 16 corps, you are not including Spirit, Madison, or Crossmen. Those are shows that I was embarrassed to watch all season long. These formerly great drum corps finalists stooping to this kind of crap was hard to watch. None of these three shows should have ever been considered finalists.

I know that this is just my opinion, but there were not 5 possible champions, not from day one, not all season long, and not on finals night. And there were definitely only 12 finalist drum corps this year. Thats why they put the rest on another DVD, because they aren't on the same level as the top 12.

Because God forbid that anybody has an opinion different from yours...

Wow. There's always an anti-christ. May someone or something brighten your life 'cause you're not finding it here!

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

My opinion differs and I stick by it. This was one of, if not the, best year top to bottom that I ever remember. :thumbup:

Couldn't think of another way to express your opinion without cruelty huh? What about the members of those corps you're slamming, how should they feel about your choice of words? Embarrassed to watch them all season? What's to be gained by this type of rant? Quite mean-spirited. :thumbup:

Thanks to the OP for reminding us all of what continues to be achieved in the activity at the end of the day, high performance quality, innovative program design, and memorable shows that will spark discussion for years to come. All of the 2009 corps earned their place in history under rather significant rule and venue changes. They should be proud of their achievements.

Couldn't think of another way to express your opinion without cruelty huh? What about the members of those corps you're slamming, how should they feel about your choice of words? Embarrassed to watch them all season? What's to be gained by this type of rant? Quite mean-spirited. :thumbup:

Thanks to the OP for reminding us all of what continues to be achieved in the activity at the end of the day, high performance quality, innovative program design, and memorable shows that will spark discussion for years to come. All of the 2009 corps earned their place in history under rather significant rule and venue changes. They should be proud of their achievements.

it's just typical BD attitude. some mask it well on dcp... others? not so much