Just WOW

it's just typical BD attitude. some mask it well on dcp... others? not so much

I was going to ask how you knew, but then remembered who won the jim ott in 2001. Oh well - dont let one person spoil the thread. I cant go as far as to say i saw 16 finalists, but the top 14....those were pretty awesome :thumbup:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to disagree with the OP, and say that I did not like this season at all. It really has nothing to do with my corps placement. I just did not enjoy many shows. I enjoyed SCV, Boston, and Crown. And that is pretty much it. Everyone else was meh in my opinion. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I agree with the anti-christ or whatever with much of what he said.

And you can't post anything positive on DCI without some negative nancy coming and ruining... I tried that before. And take some criticism. That is what is wrong with the world.. everyone is too soft.

I'm going to disagree with the OP, and say that I did not like this season at all. It really has nothing to do with my corps placement. I just did not enjoy many shows. I enjoyed SCV, Boston, and Crown. And that is pretty much it. Everyone else was meh in my opinion. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I agree with the anti-christ or whatever with much of what he said.

I was actually going to say i disagree as well but then reading the one antichrist post pretty much just made me not even want to bother lol. things can be said without being a jerk

Couldn't think of another way to express your opinion without cruelty huh? What about the members of those corps you're slamming, how should they feel about your choice of words? Embarrassed to watch them all season? What's to be gained by this type of rant? Quite mean-spirited. :thumbup:

Thanks to the OP for reminding us all of what continues to be achieved in the activity at the end of the day, high performance quality, innovative program design, and memorable shows that will spark discussion for years to come. All of the 2009 corps earned their place in history under rather significant rule and venue changes. They should be proud of their achievements.

and people saying that it bores them isnt a slam on a corps and its members? all throughout the season there are "same old same old" "feel asleep" "boring" comments.

I'm pretty much of the same feeling. My wife never marched and was subjected to the activity when we began dating, so her perception of "great drum corps" are the most entertaining or fan friendly shows; she said to me after we saw quarters this year that it "wasn't as good this year as last year". I'm inclined to agree with that, and IMO 2008 was one of the best seasons ever. It seems like nearly everyone had a great show and by Saturday night, Phantom put their best show of the summer on when it counted the most. And, championships were held OUTDOORS! :thumbup:

Maybe you would have been ok with any one of 5 corps winning it all, but I don't think there were 5 drum corps that could have won, or should have. The Blue Devils were so far past everybody else, and it took so long for Crown's show to get complete and clean enough to come across right to the judges, and Cadets show was just not going to win. They couldn't get that show clean enough visually, and that was pretty much it. Cavaliers absolutely should not have won, and the same goes for Vanguard. Cavies were a dirt sandwich and Vanguard's visual rep. was barely box 5 until it was too late. So while you might be ok with 5 different champs, a lot of other people definitely would not have.

As for 16 corps deserving to be top 12, thats where this thread really gets absurd. Listen, I know that your just appreciating what the kids and the corps put on the field, but I have a hard time thinking that anyone who could not beat the Troopers deserves to be in finals. Troopers show was barely a finalist show itself, and groups like the Colts(band show) and the Academy, were nice, but those aren't finalist quality shows, plain and simple. They weren't finalist quality shows all season long and finals was no different. And I hope that by 16 corps, you are not including Spirit, Madison, or Crossmen. Those are shows that I was embarrassed to watch all season long. These formerly great drum corps finalists stooping to this kind of crap was hard to watch. None of these three shows should have ever been considered finalists.

I know that this is just my opinion, but there were not 5 possible champions, not from day one, not all season long, and not on finals night. And there were definitely only 12 finalist drum corps this year. Thats why they put the rest on another DVD, because they aren't on the same level as the top 12.

?

I Guess you were not at Quarterfinals or semi finals ?

there was some excellent drum corps going on.

all season long does not count its championship weekend that does.

lots corps peaking at the end .

Couldn't think of another way to express your opinion without cruelty huh? What about the members of those corps you're slamming, how should they feel about your choice of words? Embarrassed to watch them all season? What's to be gained by this type of rant? Quite mean-spirited. :thumbup:

Thanks to the OP for reminding us all of what continues to be achieved in the activity at the end of the day, high performance quality, innovative program design, and memorable shows that will spark discussion for years to come. All of the 2009 corps earned their place in history under rather significant rule and venue changes. They should be proud of their achievements.

some people are *** a holics. Its not there fault. look at every thread and you will see the same people bashing.

just look at this thread and you know who they are.

no matter how hard they try they can not stop being an HOLE.

try *** A HOLICS anonymous

better ?

Edited by FanofNight

Hmm....i think I'll take the season's worth of drum corps over finals any day. Sure, finals provides the magic moments, and the come from behind stories that we remember, but for about a tenth of the cost and hassle, I can see pretty much every drum corps over the course of the season, and I'll love it. In fact, as a marcher and a performer, most of my best memories have nothing to do with that last night, and many people will tell you the same thing about their experience.

some people are Ash a holics. Its not there fault. look at every thread and you will see the same people bashing.

just look at this thread and you know who they are.

no matter how hard they try they can not stop being an ASH HOLE.

try ASH A HOLICS anonymous

How about we stop trying to circumvent the profanity filter first? That seems like a good idea.