Blue Stars Plume

I agree.... I undertand why they changed, but I liked the helmets. It was an iconic look, IMO.

On the current unis, a red plume would be a nice touch.

Fran

Or, at least some red in the plume?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me in this camp. The new uni, IMHO, compliments a modern Blue Stars. Those white pith helmets may have been original to the corps but just by sheer design they were a mess. I have pictures from the day and in just about every one it was too far back on my head, the chain was in the wrong place and the plume was out of whack. And I wasn't the only one.

So....um...why not come up with a new design that is more effective, while still maintaining the original "look?" I understand that styles and traditions change over the years, but I think its an insult to the members of past corps to call yourself by a traditional name like "Blue Stars" while marching onto the field in a uniform that pays no tribute whatsoever to the corps that made the name famous...

If change and stylistic updates are part of your tradition, ex: Blue Devils who changed their uniforms multiple times in history, then thats absolutely fine to make updates....but if you wear an old uniform into a new era, you should carry at least part of it forward. Imagine the fan uproar if the Cadets went out and created a whole new uniform, with new shades of color, a new hat, and totally new lines to a uniform that was never intended for them, but was a cookie-cutter that any marching band could use?

I'm just saying....take some pride......

I for one am one former Blue Star who marched with the classic uniforms, and hopes no aspect of them makes a reappearence. With time the new uniform will become the "new standard" for all things Blue Stars. I really don't see them differing from the current template much if at all. IMO the current uni is very stand alone( no one sees them and wonders if they r the Blue Knights or something) and will be their identity going forward.

I completely agree. I marched 'the buckle years' as well, and while the changes were definitely bittersweet, giving them the best tools to achieve success and not hinder it is the most important thing. The helmet and old uniform both were hindrances. What makes a Blue Star is not the uniform worn but whats under the uniform, and FCO.

As for adding red? If it can be made workable, go for it, but i dont see it as essential. From looking back through photos, there were plenty of years the blue stars didnt use red before the last few years. Im fine with the color scheme as it is though.

Edited by alarson83

So....um...why not come up with a new design that is more effective, while still maintaining the original "look?" I understand that styles and traditions change over the years, but I think its an insult to the members of past corps to call yourself by a traditional name like "Blue Stars" while marching onto the field in a uniform that pays no tribute whatsoever to the corps that made the name famous...

ACTUALLY, some of the core elements of the new uniform pay tribute to the first federal blue stars (compare the star to the FF logo).

Call me a non-purist/hippy/etc., but I like their current uniforms.

If change and stylistic updates are part of your tradition, ex: Blue Devils who changed their uniforms multiple times in history, then thats absolutely fine to make updates....but if you wear an old uniform into a new era, you should carry at least part of it forward. Imagine the fan uproar if the Cadets went out and created a whole new uniform, with new shades of color, a new hat, and totally new lines to a uniform that was never intended for them, but was a cookie-cutter that any marching band could use?

There isn't a corps in DCI that takes more, quite frankly.

Me and the rest of the Blue Stars take great pride in not only the uniform we wear, but the traditions we carry on and off the field.

but I think its an insult to the members of past corps to call yourself by a traditional name like "Blue Stars" while marching onto the field in a uniform that pays no tribute whatsoever to the corps that made the name famous...

Also, I am in no way insulted. Again, its not the uniform that made the corps famous. Its the people

but I think its an insult to the members of past corps to call yourself by a traditional name like "Blue Stars" while marching onto the field in a uniform that pays no tribute whatsoever to the corps that made the name famous...

Also, I am in no way insulted. Again, its not the uniform that made the corps famous. Its the people