NHL Winter Classic- Fenway Park on New Year's Day

Just a reminder for everybody.....!

Today! 1:00 p.m.!!!

Well, I watched the entire opening ceremonies. The Drop Kick Murphys got some air time. Unfortunately, there wasn't even a mention of Kevins or the Crusaders, even though some of them could be seen setting up. I'm sure that both corps put on a very good performance, but I can't attest to it.

Maybe next time; yeah, right.

Ray

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I watched the entire opening ceremonies. The Drop Kick Murphys got some air time. Unfortunately, there wasn't even a mention of Kevins or the Crusaders, even though some of them could be seen setting up. I'm sure that both corps put on a very good performance, but I can't attest to it.

Ray

Wow, what a drag. All that time and effort getting ready for this gig and they didn't even show them. It was my understanding that the Corps were going to play about a 45 second intro to the Murphys tune but they cut it out. :cry:

Sadly, the US networks usually prefer to show people babbling about the game than the pre-game festivities. Hopefully our friends in Canada got to see them on CBC or RDS. You could hear the intro in the backround but that was about it.

Ray

Edited by twillms73

Sadly, the US networks usually prefer to show people babbling about the game than the pre-game festivities. Hopefully our friends in Canada got to see them on CBC or RDS. You could hear the intro in the backround but that was about it.

Well, if nothing else, we can only hope the two corps were paid well, because they certainly didn't get any air time.

Sorry about that guys. It would have been great to see you.

Well, if nothing else, we can only hope the two corps were paid well, because they certainly didn't get any air time.

Sorry about that guys. It would have been great to see you.

So I switched over to the Citrus Bowl game.... Can you imagine having to march on that field for the half-time show? It's a swamp - with deep holes in it.

Fenway looks like a great park, may have to visit some day. I watched the Winter Classic opener :cry: and for about 10 seconds, I saw and heard about 6 snares from a drum and fife and behind them was about 8 of St. Kevins' hornline, mellos I think. You looked good. Kudos to Kevins and Crusaders! I'm proud of you all and thanks.

btw I own 5 jerseys, one of them is black and gold with a big B in the middle. I'll be heading back to my TV now ;-)

btw I own 5 jerseys, one of them is black and gold with a big B in the middle. I'll be heading back to my TV now ;-)

I remember back in the 70's waiting for the CFL half time shows..you know Toronto Optimists or Del..and of course being disappointed as they showed a bout 30 seconds and then switched to the commentators.....jeez...so it does not surprise me that we did not see coverage today...however it was quite an event anyway....and of course I was somewhat pleased with the final score...Sorry Jeff..maybe next time!!! It was a great day seeing Orr and Clarkie..and even Cherry wasn't that annoying! :cry:

That's just the pre-game show start time. Correct? I'm watching it now.

Hi All,

Although We were in front of the Green Monster Playing in front of a packed Fenway Park , We were chopped out of the TV coverage. Bobby Orr got interviewed instead of showing the Crusader ,St.Kevins performance. Oh well , thats big time TV . Got a nice pin though !

Happy New Year,

Mike D.

St.Kevins

Hi All,

Although We were in front of the Green Monster Playing in front of a packed Fenway Park , We were chopped out of the TV coverage. Bobby Orr got interviewed instead of showing the Crusader ,St.Kevins performance. Oh well , thats big time TV . Got a nice pin though !

Happy New Year,

Mike D.

St.Kevins

hey you had a great time right? Bobby Orr has some clout eh? :cry: Happy New Year St. Kevins...Oh the green!!! :cry: