Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

The shoe salesman didn't have much luck with the bucks. I saw quite a few Blue Stars marching with white socks pulled over whatever footwear they had.

• 2 weeks later...

Article I found recently about the'70 Corps. Had to cut and paste to fit the scanner (hope it's readable). If anyone knows how to make it bigger let me know...

Theylikeus70SCV.jpg

Edited by MsBusDriver

Article I found recently about the'70 Corps. Had to cut and paste to fit the scanner (hope it's readable). If anyone knows how to make it bigger let me know...

This was a good read with my reading glasses of course, which are hard to get used these past 3 years. I sometimes scan with descreen option which usually sharpens the font. Other times no descreen works. Do you realize this article is almost 40 years old! Where has the time gone? I loved reading about drum corps in magazines, newsletters and newspapers back then. Thanks for renewing my love of reading Maggie.

Aha! Found it! Courtesy of Cardinals website, 1977 Birchmount Stadium, the site of many drum corps contests. The seating capacity was 6,000 and in 2006 reduced to 2,000; located near Kingston and Birchmount Roads. In the early to mid 70's, I'd hop on a bus or catch the subway at Warden after a contest; home in no time :-)

1977-Birchmount-Retreat.jpg