Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

In the early 70’s we’d attend Fantaisie Musicale and Les Compagnons would attend our Scarborough Fair and we’d meet at contests between. We weren’t rivals in as much as we were contest companions. The Peterborough Krescendos had a small membership with plenty of talent. I hadn’t seen much of Aurora Ambassadors before I moved west September 76. Some staff members were resident instructors or commuted or worked with more than one corps or were marching instructors or variations thereof. An excerpt from ‘Information Drum Corps’ published June 1976.

76-1-a.jpg

Everyone of us got one of these. The Mayors hand was probably pretty tired by the end.

Appreciationpaper70-1.jpg

Appreciationpaper71-1-1-1.jpg

Here are my buttons.

ButtonsButtons-1.jpg

Here are my buttons.

ButtonsButtons-1.jpg

So ... based on your years with SCV and the buttons from them and the Seattle corps, do you remember Sherry McGuinness? (I think that's her maiden name) ... she moved from Seattle to CA to join the corps in 73 I believe ... later married Dennis Aquilina who marched with Garfield and the Skyliners ... I used to visit them often in San Jose ...

:-)

So ... based on your years with SCV and the buttons from them and the Seattle corps, do you remember Sherry McGuinness? (I think that's her maiden name) ... she moved from Seattle to CA to join the corps in 73 I believe ... later married Dennis Aquilina who marched with Garfield and the Skyliners ... I used to visit them often in San Jose ...

:-)

I didn't march with Sheri those early years. She may have been in the 'B' Corps when I marched with the 'A' Corps. I first met her when she was on the '90 SCV CG Staff. That was my first tour driving Bus 3. But I did however get to know her better when we marched together in the '02 Alumni Corps. She's a very nice person indeed.

Now that I think about it, was it '83 instead of '73 when she joined the Corps?

Edited by MsBusDriver

We'd travel to California in the early to mid 80's to see a winter guard shows. One year in March, I brought jacket and pants; it was warm, a friend gave me the T shirt and I bought shorts. I bought new T shirts while at Indy 2010 :)

Edited by lindap