Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

July 1st thru July 9th is the epitome of the saying "On any given Night". July 1st was DCI West, Boise ID. 27th 79.45, SCV 77.70, BD 77.05. July 8th, Seattle WA. BD 79.95, SCV 79.35, 27th 78.15. July 9th, Salem OR. SCV 81.4. No other scores available but we can pretty much assume that BD and 27th were there. In conclusion, I have absolutely no idea who won on July 4th. It could have been any one of us!

At our AAG reunion in 2006 there were about 25 photo albums for the 10 years. At our next reunion July 29-30 2011 I'll try to find facts. No guarantee 'cause at the last reunion I was chillin' with former drum line members. To be honest, I've been asked about 72, 73 and 75. I'll do what I can. In the meantime, flashback to 1970, we were an all girl guard, the guys in drum corps played hockey during off season. We wanted to play too, so we booked an arena for 6:45 a.m. on a Saturday morning at Tam O'Shanters if I recall. We wore our figure skates and played hockey for the first time ever. If you could skate forward you were forward, if you could skate backwards, defense, if you couldn't skate, you was goalie, we'd take you to the net...hockey talk

Our refs were a baritone player and our drum major. Our newsletter, good times :smile:

1971-k9-1-a.jpg

July 1st was DCI West, Boise ID. 27th 79.45, SCV 77.70, BD 77.05.

This was my first show competing againt SCV in the BIG TIME and I still can't believe we beat them.

Probably one on my proudest Drum Corps moments (along with 1980 DCI EAST)

Edited by john2780

This was my first show competing againt SCV in the BIG TIME and I still can't believe we beat them.

Probably one on my proudest Drum Corps moments (along with 1980 DCI EAST)

I liked 77 CYO Nationals too....

n1246442353_322823_8864.jpg

My Dad dragged me to this event. If I am not mistaken in addition to the Cavaliers and Scouts, The 27th Lancers and Royal Crusaders had teams too. Two Seven had the most rag tag uni's but played so #### tough that it made it really fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...